Inside Out live

Well, well, well!

First of all, big "Cheers" to everyone, been following the for quite some time. Normally, I am more into reading, but as I do have some free time at the moment, I'd like to add my two cents ...
Basically, Anthrax has quickly become my favourite band when I started listening to Metal back in 88/89. I always had a bit of a fight with friends who also were into Thrash and were laughing at Joey's stage presence and voice as well. I always liked that melodical side, but when I saw them live it was a small shock (he simply cannot mosh and move his head properly).
Those guys who say Anthrax went down the spiral due to the fact Joey was fired, I'd say it's completely different! If he had stayed we would not speak of an existing Anthrax nowadays since Joey performance was already bad on PoT (which with better vocs could stand in the TOP 10 metal albums of all time imo). Actually John's stage presence and stamina helped to at least survive!

AMEN!

Welcome to the board!

Well, well, well!

First of all, big "Cheers" to everyone, been following the for quite some time. Normally, I am more into reading, but as I do have some free time at the moment, I'd like to add my two cents ...
Basically, Anthrax has quickly become my favourite band when I started listening to Metal back in 88/89. I always had a bit of a fight with friends who also were into Thrash and were laughing at Joey's stage presence and voice as well. I always liked that melodical side, but when I saw them live it was a small shock (he simply cannot mosh and move his head properly).
Those guys who say Anthrax went down the spiral due to the fact Joey was fired, I'd say it's completely different! If he had stayed we would not speak of an existing Anthrax nowadays since Joey performance was already bad on PoT (which with better vocs could stand in the TOP 10 metal albums of all time imo). Actually John's stage presence and stamina helped to at least survive!

AMEN!
:lol: your first post and you honestly wanna tell us that Anthrax couldn't have survived without a singer-change back in '92. do you know that Anthrax wasn't very succesful from 1995-2005? i think you don't, btw POT contains Joey's best vocal-performance ever. your friends don't know much about Thrash Metal if they think that classic Anthrax is laughable, ever heard of the Big Four?

I can can understand when true thrash fans of the era would laugh at Belladonna's stage singing and stage presence. Most bands back then were focused on shouting about killing posers and here's this other guy singing like Steve Perry and wanting to be everybody's bestest pal. It doesn't really give your parents much to dislike.

I can can understand when true thrash fans of the era would laugh at Belladonna's stage singing and stage presence. Most bands back then were focused on shouting about killing posers and here's this other guy singing like Steve Perry and wanting to be everybody's bestest pal. It doesn't really give your parents much to dislike.

LOL, awesome

I like POT the way it is...but I also think that it might have been greater album had it John Bush singing. Music on POT is HUGE so Joey Belladonna's vocals sound weaker in comparison...could be it is a production thing...his vocals sound so much better on WM.

I might have told this before but here I go again...I liked Joey era Anthrax a LOT - still do...perhaps more than any other metal band (SxTx and Voivod come close)...then they got rid of Joey...SOWN came out and I liked it...a LOT...BUT...then I heard Anthrax's show from Finnish radio...they were playing at Roskilde '93 festival...they played Keep It In The Family and I couldn't believe my ears...it sounded PERFECT. I understood why they chose Bush. Endofstory...

T:)

OK, definitely don't wanna "troll" around and as mentioned I am also a huge fan of the Belladonna era, but I think basically there's a different interpretation by the US side and the European side here in the forum, if you came across some live reviews in the PoT era, you'd frequently read that Joey was the weak spot of the band.
Big Four to my opinion always has been something like a big 3,5 (the guys should kiss the Metallican butts for letting them join...), it was the same thing with Clash of the Titans in the 90's most reviews went like

1.) Slayer
2.) Megadave
3.) Anthrax

which is a "sad" bronze place ...
I am totally with you that Joey saved the band at the moment, showing a great performance, probably his best with the band (as he's making use of his "lower range") and he in deed has a great voice (a better range than Bush definitely), but to me it seems like that especially live he sometimes does not really know how to use it and gets out of sync (hearing him singing "Only" makes my ears bleedin').
What amazes me is the bitterness of some guys around ... but anyway, I have added WM to my playlist which I use for long motorway trips and I am perfectly fine with "Hog tied" being followed by "The enemy", "Time", "Cadillac Rock Box" ... wherever the shuffle will go ...

it was the same thing with Clash of the Titans in the 90's most reviews went like

1.) Slayer
2.) Megadave
3.) Anthrax

which is a "sad" bronze place ...
bullshit! in the early 90's Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax were equally popular! Metallica has always been the most popular of the big four.

In the 80s however Anthrax was considered 2nd to Metallica according to the fans and media at the time.

Yeah, I'm with you there on the time from 84 - 88, but probably only related to the US, if we include the rest of the world (especially Europe), both Slayer and Megadeth moved past them (not that I like that, I'd prefer Anthrax in the top spot!).

You are probably right. I think in Australia and Europe we are a little more tolerant when bands change. At least when Metallica or Anthrax played in Melbourne, people always showed up and they would sing just as loud for Ride the Lightning and Memory Remains and for Anthrax Safe Home and I am the Law.