Inside The City Of Glass = early Katatonia?

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
Does anyone else think this song brings back feelings of earlier Katatonia? My first thoughts were it reminds me a bit of "Brave Murder Day/For Funerals To Come" era Katatonia, but upon further thinking, it seems to go back further and to have more of a polished "Velvet Thorns..." sound to it. I think it's a great song. The atmosphere of the track is amazing. Makes me long for some more fresh music of that kind from Katatonia. I can just imagine the screams coming in as this song plays. Love the backwards sounding whispering in it. Makes it so eerie... It's a great song, Jonas! MORE MORE MORE!!!! :p

I agree totally, it's more a mellow track like you would find on DoDS, but with an updated production sound. I totally love it, I think Jonas said in an interview it was meant to be sort of a cliffhanger (or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part?) hehe

It really reminds me of Paradise lost final songs in Icon and Gothic, but without the orchestral stuff...Totally desperate song anyway.
I really feel down after this song...:ill:
I have to play the whole album once again to feel better :)

Totally agree!! The best song of VE in my opinion. They had to make this song in the gig. I think it would be a really good first song of a show.What do you think?
It reminds me Brave years.

inside the city of glass = isolation this song make me feel like if i walk in a grey lonely city under the the rain with a blurred sight and afar an empty road