Inside the Electric ballroom.....

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
It was good to finally meet up with some of you guys (Eagle, Dragonmaiden, FifthAngel, Chris, Andi amongst others) last night at the Stratovarius gig although I must confess I spent the entire time talking with people...I'm feeling a bit hoarse today......and I didn't even find Andre!:err:

So...let's have yer reviews of the show guys

Hope everyone had a safe journey home

This review is just a copy of what I put on the Power Play Board:

I spent a fortune what with Beer & T-Shirts.

Good gig, great turn out
smile.gif

Thunderstone sounded good, I don't know any of their stuff & I was preoccupied with the afore mentioned Beer & T-Shirts but they went down well.

Symphony X were fantastic live, the sound wasn't perfect but was pretty good from where I was. Pity they didn't get longer, I hope they were right when they said they'd be back to the UK soon.

Stratovarious were also excellent. I've heard some bad(ish) reports on their live show from Elements but I thought it Rocked. Nice mix of fast & slow numbers, at least 1 track from every album (I think). Timo's voice was impeccable, probably the best live singer I've seen.

Good to see you again Steve :devil:

I just got home a few hours ago...via Eagle's!! Good to meet you finally Steve! Sorry we didn't get a chance to have a good chat....you seemed to be very much in demand!!

Have to say it was an excellent gig...thoroughly enjoyed all the bands....especially SyX...who I have wanted to see for a number of years!! Here's another who hopes they will be returning to these shores soon.

It was great to meet everyone I met and I thought the atmosphere of the night was spot on.

Thunderstone:
Very good (thanks for getting me the tshirt dm). I've got their album it's just one I don't tend to listen to that often (I don't know why cause it's a tremendous album).

Symphony X:
Very, very impressive! I just didn't know many of their songs. I'd like to see them come back and do a longer set. Also was gutted they didn't have any eagle fat bastard size t shirts left.

Stratovarius:
I expected them to be excellent and they were. 'Soul Of Vagabound' was magnificent! I thought the special cd was a bargain at just a tenner.