Inspirational influences..

Eliogabalus

Sodomaniac
Jan 5, 2003
wahpwahpwah
elio-san.no-ip.com
I was listening to a lot Dan's stuff when I made this. Not that it sounds like anything he has done, it's just strange what inspires and influences people and how it comes out. So I thought I would share it with this board.

Note: It has a lot of orchestral parts, so I was not able to actually record it. I'm also too lazy to record the actual guitar parts, so :p. It's just MIDI.

Any and all input welcome!

http://elio-san.no-ip.com/record/vilheim-midimadness.mp3

I never noticed this topic..
Question: Why didn´t you just upload the midi file if you didn´t play anything on the recording?

Anyway I´ll listen to it..
There are definitely some nice melodies and parts there, but I feel that the drums are not fitting in some places. The strings (which sound great by the way; now I know why you didn´t upload the midi) are too silent and the whole production job could be better. Well yeah, it´s pratically a midi with some good soundfonts but anyway..

If you upload it with real guitars an some better mixing I´m sure this is very cool stuff :D

I didn´t hear that much of a Swano influence, but in the beginning I thought the string ensemble was going to play the Black Tears melody :D

Kokonik:
The drums I admit suck.. I just put em there to have drums. And I know there was no audible Swano influence, as I said in the first post, but I was listening to almost nothing but Dan when I made it and that's what came out.

breeding death:
Thank you sir! I have a lot more stuff like this, I just didn't think anyone would want to listen.

And thank you both for being the only ones to respond. At least you guys don't suck. :p