Question about Influences

Ouija

New Metal Member
Feb 21, 2006
Grand Haven, MI
www.glpr.org
First off, you guys kick ass! Ok, that's outta the way. Secondly, your album art is also awesome. That's actually what drew me to your record in the first place when I saw it in the store.

I was reading your influences on MySpace and many of them our European bands. I love how you mention bands like Arch Enemy and Soilwork, and then go to the more progressive side of things with Stratovarious. I can hear all of those influences in your music and it's great. What I was curious about is being an American band, what have been your greatest American band influences. Maybe your top three?

Amberrose H.

Ouija said:
First off, you guys kick ass! Ok, that's outta the way. Secondly, your album art is also awesome. That's actually what drew me to your record in the first place when I saw it in the store.

I was reading your influences on MySpace and many of them our European bands. I love how you mention bands like Arch Enemy and Soilwork, and then go to the more progressive side of things with Stratovarious. I can hear all of those influences in your music and it's great. What I was curious about is being an American band, what have been your greatest American band influences. Maybe your top three?

Amberrose H.

Thanks! Hmm, me personally id say my top 3 growing up were Metallica (thier first 4 records), Testament and Dokken.

Ouija said:

Amberrose H.

im probably going to have to say the same as peter with Metallica and the other two would be Pantera, and the mighty Deicide (vinny and steve are both rediculous drummers)

i think theres a pretty distinct at the gates influence in the music...were they an influence when stuff like slaughter of the soul came out? or more as you started playing this kind of music?