So I took a stab at singing..

It was not bad, it was a very specific voice, but atleast you were in key, and it was clear and confident sounding. It is a strange voice, maybe because you didn't choose to be serious, but it was not bad.

I never thought about singing seriously.. I suppose I could do it. It would be better if I could sing and play guitar at the same time though. I can to a degree, but only to certain songs, and not my own.

How much would that cost anyway?

Coolness...Considering my own version of that sounds like I've just swallowed a truckload of..things you're not supposed to swallow...it's pretty cool. Most notes a re a little bit out of tune, but that can inporve with pratice. The vocalchords are a muslve you know...once you get it all right, the note in your mind comes out of your throat (I still have a light problem with that myself, hence the endless hours in the sweaty vocalbooth of doom)

Dan, maybe you could explain how you do your growling vocal style in depth??!? You and Mike from Opeth I think are tied right now for best vocal growls in my books, and I like yours very much, and would love to hear how you get yourself to achieve it.

Hi there!
Yeah-its intresting fashion of singing:)
Can you send or give me a link with midi of Deep inside of Nowhere?
I also wanna to have a tabs too:)
Thanx anyway

Hey Dan,
speaking of clean vocals. I was wondering how much clean vocal training did you give Mike from Opeth in the early days (first 2 albums)? Did his vocals need a lot of work in the begining? Just wondering. I can't wait for the new Nightingale and Bloodbath! :headbang:

That sounded alright eh, if you have some practice getting in tune more you'd win!

And, you reminded me of Ozzy Osbourne. Just same kinda timbre to it.

Holy crap.. I didn't even notice I sounded like Ozzy.. that's crazy.

I've been practicing a lot since I posted this, and I think I've gotten slightly better.. I'm a little more in tune now.. Maybe I'll post another.