Interesting article on Blabbermouth...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I don't know if anyone else saw this:

TAD MOROSE and DESTINY have been confirmed for the Gothenburg Metal Festival, set to take place April 29-30 at Musikens Hus in Gothenburg, Sweden. The two-day event will feature twelve Swedish bands. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

TAD MOROSE
DESTINY
CRYONIC TEMPLE
PREY
SABBTAIL
CLOUDSCAPE
APES
IQ
LOCOMITIVE BREATH

Did Tad Morose get a new singer, or is Urban back in the fold?

I really wish they would just get their original sinegre back as the earlier stuff is classic and Krille fits their style like a glove. Who knows; anything is possible, but that would be really cool to see a band re-unite with their former singer.

If you look again at the Gothenburg Metal Festival's web site, you'll see that Tad Morose has been replaced by Into Enternity. As a matter of fact, Into Eternity is replacing all bands, at all shows, forever.

Zod

The_Kinslayer said:
No kidding. Those guys must have to be superhuman or robots to do all the touring they've been doing lately.

No, they're just all almost dead. When I saw them with Nevermore and Opeth, Rob looked like he'd been on the road for that long. They were clearly ready to go home when that tour was done...

Funny little story about Into Eternity, I was reading a review for Scar Symmetry (on metal observer I belive) and he gave SS like a 30 or something. He called it terrible metal-core, worse than the poster boys for metal-core: Into Eternity!! Metal-core and Into Eternity in the same sentence? I don't think so...

eppst1 said:
Funny little story about Into Eternity, I was reading a review for Scar Symmetry (on metal observer I belive) and he gave SS like a 30 or something. He called it terrible metal-core, worse than the poster boys for metal-core: Into Eternity!! Metal-core and Into Eternity in the same sentence? I don't think so...

:guh:

eppst1 said:
is Urban back in the fold?

I don't know about the rest, but I can answer that one: no. :)

He is, however, working on a solo album (I got some previews this week), a possible live date/tour with Bloodbound, and his website.

Thanks for the plug opportunity! ;)

Shaye

eppst1 said:
He called it terrible metal-core, worse than the poster boys for metal-core: Into Eternity!! Metal-core and Into Eternity in the same sentence? I don't think so...

This isn't exactly as outlandish as you may think. I hope it doesn't come as some surprise for me to say that Into Eternity doesn't fully fall under the progressive death metal genre they are marketed as. While they are extremely melodic and different from death metal, they aren't a death metal band at all. The intelligent metal fan should know that harsh vocals do not a death metal make. In fact, their riff style, and rhythm style is pretty indicative of metalcore, with an emphasis on breakdowns (which are plentiful in their work), and punk style oom-pa, oom-pa drum rhythms.

The problem with this band is that they are not purely under any true genre, because if they were purely metalcore, they'd be marketed toward that crowd (which would be a shame). They have all the trappings for Century Media to make the public believe they are prog metal--the musicianship is stellar, the songs are extremely melodic, and they are far more intelligent than mindless -core automotons, however their -core influence is unmistakeable. It is in riff style, and song structure.

Into Eternity is not death metal at all, nor are they extremely progressive (just different from most American metalcore). Leave it to the Canadians to make a lacluster genre and make something great from it. :Spin:

I'd say the real problem is a tendancy for many metal fans to overemphasize the importance of placing each band in a defined genre. Many bands don't fit right into the mold of standard prog, death, black, etc.