Interesting tour...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Pagan Fest USA Tour

Initial dates have been released for the “Pagan Fest USA” North American tour next year that will feature ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TYR, and ELUVEITIE:

April 25 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
April 26 - Montreal, QC @ Medley
April 27 - Worchester, MA @ The Palladium
April 28 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
April 29 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody’s
May 5 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
May 10 - Orange County, CA @ California MetalFest
May 15 - Fort Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
May 16 - San Antonio, TX @ The White Rabbit

Great line-up, but wtf is this Calfornia Metal Fest which it is attached to? If any of the festivals that spring up in So.Cal are any indication, this can not be good.

Great line-up, but wtf is this Calfornia Metal Fest which it is attached to? If any of the festivals that spring up in So.Cal are any indication, this can not be good.

yeah, i'm befuddled by that. So what, it's a fest within a fest? Meaning halfway through Cali Metalfest suddenly someone screams "Ok! For the next 3 hours it's THE PAGAN FEST!!"

:Smug:

Seems like a lot of the US "festivals" these days are like that: combine a couple of touring packages that happen to converge on the same city, add some crappy local bands, and woo, it's a fest!

I wonder what this does for Heathen Crusade? Is it a good thing (grows the market for "Pagan" metal here) or a bad thing (steals away the uniqueness of HC)?

Neil

For those that didn’t notice, The 10th Annual New England Metal And Hardcore Festival will take place from April 25th to April 27th at The Palladium in Worcester, MA. The following previously announced tours will be hitting the festival on Sunday, April 27th:

MINISTRY, MESHUGGAH, and HEMLOCK
ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TYR, and ELUVEITIE

I wonder what this does for Heathen Crusade? Is it a good thing (grows the market for "Pagan" metal here) or a bad thing (steals away the uniqueness of HC)?

I think it's got to be a good thing, just to have the option to see bands outside of HC. There's plenty of love to go round. Besides, HC has become somewhat of a gathering now regardless of which bands show up.

I was at my first philly show in forever yesterday (Suffocation). Everything skips us over and goes to Allentown, and I expect this tour to do the exact same thing. Hell, it's so much easier to travel to NYC then it is allentown. Straight shot up the turnpike and we're there.

But yea, I'll be at the nyc date def unless by a miracle there's a philly date.

For those that didn’t notice, The 10th Annual New England Metal And Hardcore Festival will take place from April 25th to April 27th at The Palladium in Worcester, MA. The following previously announced tours will be hitting the festival on Sunday, April 27th:

MINISTRY, MESHUGGAH, and HEMLOCK
ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TYR, and ELUVEITIE

FUCK! I fucking hate the NE fest. Also means that each of those bands will probably get 20-30 minute sets, no joke.