Pagan Fest USA tour

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
Hmmm .. no Chicago dates yet, but if they schedule a stop it looks like could possibly conflict with Powerfest .. that is unless they are a part of the fest. I think Rob said no tours would be involved though .. ??? Maybe these guys will hit Mokena the night before Powerfest?

Initial dates have been released for the “Pagan Fest USA” North American tour next year that will feature ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TYR, and ELUVEITIE:
April 25 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
April 26 - Montreal, QC @ Medley
April 27 - Worchester, MA @ The Palladium
April 28 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
April 29 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody’s
May 5 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
May 10 - Orange County, CA @ California MetalFest
May 15 - Fort Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
May 16 - San Antonio, TX @ The White Rabbit
A European version of the tour will also take place and will feature ENSIFERUM, KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, TYR, and ELUVEITIE.

Regardless how this plays out, it should bode well for any out of town fest attendees. ;)

Stay tuned...
Yeah, this should be a good thing ... as long as this bumpers Powerfest or is a part of Powerfest's Friday or Saturday night lineup.

I think ideally I'd like to see this Pagan fest on Thursday night on Mokena, and then a full seperate Powerfest on Friday and Saturday. Either way would be good for business I'd think.

Britt

If that tour was added to friday night with an extra opener or so, then on saturday have the more known bands who were going to play on friday play on saturday, damn.....it could be what this fest needs. Plus you have 4 great acts that dont need to be flown over. that money could be used else where.

Tyr??? Man, I'd go just for that. In fact, I just squealed with unrestrained glee when I saw their name. But Turisas and Ensiferum are quite worth it. I'm not familiar with the other band.

I hope some Chicago dates are announced.

ELUVEITIE are pretty good. Nuclear Blast just signed them, they have black metalish vocals with a violin and other folk instruments. It is amazing that all these bands are getting signed now by bigger labels. Folk Metal for 2008!!!!!

i just saw ENSIFERUM, on Sunday play small gig of about 170 people and they were amazing..Sounded so good and tight..Played 90min set as well.....The growls and cleans worked very well...THey had the crowd in a jovial mood..Great live band:kickass:

lucky. I really hope this tour hits Chicago. I am so damn excited about this thing.

Yeah, this tour has Bob's name written all over it.
I would certainly love to see this tour.
Granted I am not too familiar with the bands, but both Turisas and Tyr are high on my bands I have been meaning to check out.

Fuck, and with the news of a Candlemass tour too?

What a year 2008 will be!

This tour is like my dream tour....only if Korpiklanni was on it though too. Seriously, I will become a madman if I find out that it is going to skip Chicago because of Powerfest! This tour NEEDS to play Chicago. I actually posted a while back that Ensifirum, Tyr, and Turisas should play the fest. Kind of funny that they are on tour in the states. See I am great at predicting things.

I will be in my viking garb!!! Battle axe and all!!!!! See you all In Valhalla jerks! Let the age of Ragnorok start!!! Fenris the Wolf is ready to begin the new age. The age of FOLK METAL!!!!!!:headbang: