Interface recommendations

pixiusd

Nov 17, 2011
I need a new recording interface and I have no idea what to get, I am also on a fairly low budget

If you're just needing something to record 2 inputs at a time the new Mackie Onyx Blackjack is meant to be good. I'm gonna pick one up myself in a few weeks for jamming guitars and doing demo's at home.

I need a new recording interface and I have no idea what to get, I am also on a fairly low budget

i have a digidesign 002 that i've used for years i'm actually trying to sell, its got 4 XLR ins, 8 line ins, and 8 outs, i've done drums on it, recorded many bands for a long time. if you're interested, what is your budget?

depends on your input and monitoring situation.

if you are only recording guitar/bass/vocals and mainly overdubs then you would benefit from an interface like the new mbox3 mini or mbox3 (like seth recommended).

but if you intend to record in a large format situation ie. a full band, i would recommend on the digi003 rack+ ...it has 8 full xlr inputs with 8 preamps for under $600 (used) - $1200 (new) and is quite good in terms of quality for even professional recording standards (whatever those might be).

i recently purchased an apogee duet 2 for more portable recording situations (mostly vocals) with a macbook air into pro tools and it's wicked fast and more importantly doesn't interrupt my workflow in-and outside the box.

also, i just recently bought my little brother an mbox3 mini and a pair of tannoy reveals and he said that he can really feel the difference in his ability to compensate for room disparities due to his lack of acoustic treatment. i think i paid $500 out the door for both, monitors and mbox. pretty cheap solution for modern day recording if i do say so. ;)

Is the new MAudio Fast Track reliable? I just want to get rid of my little guitar rig session interface already haha

Also, another question ahah do any of you know how to make those HUGE snares Joey has going during breakdowns?