2. Siege In The Clouds
3 Infidel
4 Far Above You
5 Hatefuel
6 Arm Our Youth
7 This Day I Fight
8 Contamination
9. Intolerance

After spending the better part of this decade lying low, INTERNAL BLEEDING has finally arisen from the ashes. This album was originally supossed to be released way back in 2001, but due to a lot of label problems and lineup changes; hell, the drummer is the only original member, the album was not to be released until now. And, that really is unfortunate. Four years ago, this could really have been something huge. But in this day and age of all the wanna be deathcore bands, that are exact copies of what INTERNAL BLEEDING was doing back in the day, it is hard to find solace in the same ol rehashed formula.

There are plenty of redeeming qualities on Onward To Mecca. Terrance Hobbs of the mighty SUFFOCATION produced the album, and the results are what make up for typical songs. The guitar tone is just plain fat, if I can use that as an adjective for a death metal release. No, really, the guitars just have this amazing chunky tone to them that really just make them that much more heavy. The drums are up front, and sound great for the most part, except for a few times when the snare has too much of an echo sound to it. Can anyone say METALLICA drum syndrome? The new band really is top notch, and play with a sheer intensity that is impossible to ignore, but I wonder why they kept the name, and didn’t decide to choose a new moniker, as this is really something completely new and different.

Like I said before, it is really hard for this to stand out from the crowd nowadays. The whole meshing of death and hardcore has really started to wear thin, even if it is from the originators. I really dig the death metal sections of the album, but the hardcore elements fall a little short on my ears. If you love death metal meshed with hardcore, or are an old school fan, then this would be a worthy addition to your collection. Not bad, just nothing new.

Rating: 6 /10
Evil C