Internet - for better or for worse?

Work wise - a god send. I've made a good part of my living marketing my stuff online.

Personally - I waste way too muich time and get angry looks from my wife when I plug into this matrix know as the net for too long.

Oops here she comes now.

Internet...

It is a way of deluding myself. An illusion of communication, that helps me to stay alive for a while longer.
A way to find people whom I can meet in real life. In Internet the intellect of a person can be seen more precisely than in real life.
Internet is a best way of getting information.

[off-topic]: I like your sig Harmony...brings back old memories of my childhood :cry: :D (when my Mom told me to climb the mounten of Itacka, and she got me into her lap ;) ) [/off-topic]

on topic: there's always good in the bad things and vica versa; net has both sides too, but it depends on us how we use our time here imho :)

I often say the net is my worst enemy for it affects my life, timewise and academically.
But I'm addicted to it.. It's brought me to many wonderful things, many wonderful people (As well as some bad people)
And it's pretty much my only connection to music, since what I like is never known about, talked about, played on the radio, or played on tv; and I love metal with a passion.

well,i can't really think of any bad impact internet has had on me,apart from some moments of frustration due to viruses and other strange shit....nah,really.....even when sometimes i surf instead of somethings,i can't blame it on the net,since i know that when i don't want to study,it is impossible to make myself obey :D

For me internet has been a wonderful thing for the following reasons:

1.Met my superspecial one,the person i want to share my life with =))))

2.Met many wonderful people,i couple of them I've met in real life,too....

3.Has given me good friends and people i care for...

4.By writing in forums (and especially in this one) I've been able to get to know interesting people,talk about my inner feelings,have a "shoulder" to cry on,a nice place to pass some time...etc

Apart from being able to communicate with people living away from me,thanx to internet i've also been able to:

Order chupi swedish books :),Read newspapers all the year,anytime,without having to buy them or having to go from international newstand to newstand and of courseGet to listen some cool music
such stuff

and it has also helped me with my studies....Many psychojournals are available online,so very easily i can search for the articles i need and then go to my beloved uni-library (where they have full-text acess to them ) and print

i don't want to sound naive....for sure there are "dangers" online,but apart from these,internet for me is a very cool place where i can communicate with others,but also a cool tool offering access to many interesting stuff and helping me gain some more knowledge...