Interview with Frankie Bello online (www.PyroMusic.net)

PyroVesten

I'm not Pyro
Aug 10, 2003
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I was unable to get this done myself due to my phone dying a few days ago but a mate I met backstage at the Megadeth show in Sydney (Aaron Tisdell) was more than happy to ask Mr Bello a few questions on my behalf.

http://pyromusic.net/index.php?p=interviews/interview&i=9

The interview was conducted in preparation for the Aussie shows Anthrax will be playing and topic covered include:
- The possibility of a 'classic lineup' album
- If the whole reunion just a cash-in
- The upcoming DVD
- Mortal Sin (The Aussie support band)
..and a few other bits and pieces.

Who's headed to the Sydney show anyway? I'd love to meet a few of you guys before the gig.

Bello is ... was... always will be a class act for me!

Man they will film on the Aussie leg of this tour too! WOHOOOOOOOOO!

Waheeeeyy!! :hotjump:

Thanks man! The first interview I've read with Frankie in God knows how long (years?).

It's great to hear him talking about his excitement about playing with Anthrax again.

Maybe he doesn't reveal too much about future plans, fair enough, but i't's exciting hearing him so enthusiastic about being a part of the Thrax :headbang: Let's hope it's a keeper.

He certainly sounds pretty excited about thw whole venture... not long to go now.....

Dutchy - There was an audio interview with John online earlier this year and he pretty much summed up that Frankie just needed to do his own thing for a while. John had Saint, Charlie & Scott had SOD but Frankie never had that outlet.

Either way who cares why he left - he's back for now and I can't wait to see that maniac on stage again!

PyroVesten said:
I was unable to get this done myself due to my phone dying a few days ago but a mate I met backstage at the Megadeth show in Sydney (Aaron Tisdell) was more than happy to ask Mr Bello a few questions on my behalf.

http://pyromusic.net/index.php?p=interviews/interview&i=9

The interview was conducted in preparation for the Aussie shows Anthrax will be playing and topic covered include:
- The possibility of a 'classic lineup' album
- If the whole reunion just a cash-in
- The upcoming DVD
- Mortal Sin (The Aussie support band)
..and a few other bits and pieces.

Who's headed to the Sydney show anyway? I'd love to meet a few of you guys before the gig.

BTW - thanks Pyro - awesome site and interview ...thanks for the heads up.

:headbang:

I am he wot interviewed heeeem. In response to the 'too bad no questions about Frankie's "real" reasons for departure', I didn't feel it was any of my business and I was doing someone a favour, I had no intention of pissing the guy off, both Pyro and Frankie are good friendly guys. The interview focused msotly on the here and now because that's what the band seem to be doing too. I enjoyed doing it. I interviewed Scott Ian back in '96 too. Twice in a lifetime - I'm fuckin stoked mate!!! Thanks! Especially to Pyro!

DarbysDad said:
Good job and thanks. Did you think to ask if he enjoys being with Helmet? He seemed to have so much fun with those guys.

# Absolutely! I thought of it and then thought second of it. His focus is with 'Thrax right now and no matter how interested I was about his time in Helmet, I felt it was 'right' to concentrate on his present position in Anthrax. He kind of alludes to his commitments to Helmet anyway in one of the questions. Anyways, thanks for your question! \m/ aaron :)

Aaron & Pyro, thanks for the great interview.
I can't wait to see Frank back - especially touring here in Australia.
\m/ :hotjump: \m/

Nice one Pyro, thanks for the interview

As said before , Bello has always been a favourite member... actually from that lineup .. who isnt?

PyroVesten said:
May 20th *dives into pyromusic database.. and makes some alterations*

...what ever are you talking about? Crazy.... :p
My mistake. :D
Nice interview, btw.

PyroVesten said:
Cheers guys. Aaron did a great job, especially on such short notice.

Thanks Pyro and other positive feedback. That was a hell of a morning - I was booked in for the morning to go fishing (yeah, I love it) in Cronulla but the rain prevented that from happening. I knew about the Bello thing, confirmed, checked Pyro's question suggestion list, set up the four track and developed those questions in half an hour - I was printing it out 5 mins before the interview. It was tight but I loved it! Frankie was a complete gentleman! Gotta love the 'Thrax!!!!