Interview with Michael Romeo of Symphony X now online

Nice interview, ya Russ fixining computers... can't help but think this might have went down in the studio "Yeah Russ great singing, let's do another take but this time don't sing into the screwdriver, yea...."

When i used to do phone/in person interviews (don't do anymore because i can't be assed to transcribe them) i would edit out "um's", "uh's", and excessive "you know?'s" because, as is mentioned here, it is really distracting to read. It really helps the flow of the interview, as long as you don't take away anything important. You know?

Dude, totally dude.

Yeah... an interviewer who doesn't take out the filler words like that is really doing a disservice to the interviewee, because it gives the illusion he's less articulate than someone equally well-spoken who had the good fortune to be interviewed by someone more courteous.

When i used to do phone/in person interviews (don't do anymore because i can't be assed to transcribe them) i would edit out "um's", "uh's", and excessive "you know?'s" because, as is mentioned here, it is really distracting to read. It really helps the flow of the interview, as long as you don't take away anything important. You know?

Yeah I don't do transcriptions anymore either, I hate it :) I used to transcribe all my interviews but now I just pass it along to our transcriptionists and let them have all the fun. I did request for stuff like "um" to be taken out, but as for the "you knows" I didn't because I figured it might hide some of his style a bit. Perhaps at the time I didn't realize just how many there were :heh:

Oh, look at the big man who has someone do his work FOR him! :D

it's a tough balance. you don't want it to sound like a drone, you want it to have the flavor of who's talking, but again, it gets to the point where it goes nuts. Not saying it's your fault or even speaking only of this specific interview. Statement meant as a generalization.

Oh, look at the big man who has someone do his work FOR him! :D

it's a tough balance. you don't want it to sound like a drone, you want it to have the flavor of who's talking, but again, it gets to the point where it goes nuts. Not saying it's your fault or even speaking only of this specific interview. Statement meant as a generalization.

:lol: Yea I know what you mean, definitely. In the past I've done my own just to make sure it's done how I like it too, but lately I've been doing a bunch of interviews on top of everything else i have going on so to wait til I had time to do it would mean not publishing the interview for quite some time. And, man, you know....that's just not cool :D

Yeah, so, when are you gonna interview them for GD.se? :oops: