Interviews:Vinnie Appice Black Sabbath Reunion

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Vinny Appice, legendary drummer from Dio/Black Sabbath, checked in with Hardrock Haven after returning from England and recording with Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. The band, called Heaven and Hell, are recording bonus tracks for Black Sabbath-The Dio Years, and are planning a world tour.

Here are a couple excerpts from the interview:

Hardrock Haven: Well, the big news is you just got back from recording with the group Heaven and Hell, featuring Dio, Butler, Iommi and yourself, for the Black Sabbath-The Dio Years release. Your involvement was sort of a last-minute thing, correct?

Appice: It was not the last minute, probably the middle minute, haha. They were working with Bill Ward before. I’m not quite sure why the decision was made, but I got a phone call basically saying, “Can you come to England tomorrow?” So, I hopped on a plane and went to England, to Birmingham, hit the studio and did a couple tracks for a release that’s going to be called Black Sabbath-The Dio Years. And they are going to put a couple new songs on the CD. And then there is a tour starting in March.

Listen to the whole interview here Hardrock Haven - Interview with Vinny Appice