Heaven and Hell - more of a reality?

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I know there are still doubters, but here's a story from Blabbermouth concerning Heaven and Hell tour....

Reliable sources have informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) is currently in the U.K laying down drums on the two new tracks that will be included on BLACK SABBATH's forthcoming box set, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years". In addition, Appice will be manning the drums on the upcoming 2007 tour by HEAVEN AND HELL — the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. Founding SABBATH member/drummer Bill Ward, who was originally announced as being part of the HEAVEN AND HELL lineup, will apparently not take part in the group's upcoming trek.

Yeah I heard something from a reliable source last week, either that of the same rumour is affecting Blab too :lol:

This will be a successful tour if they play smaller venues, like theaters, ect. I can't see this doing big business if the take the arena route. I hope this happens, I'm so there.

Yeah, the ticket money is getting sweaty in my hands !!

According to management, HEAVEN AND HELL - the new project featuring metal icon Ronnie James Dio (vocals - DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), Black Sabbath legends Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and the recent addition of Vinny Appice (drums - ex-Dio, Black Sabbath) - will be commencing their World Tour in Canada in March. There will be one exclusive US date in New York City, but the US dates won't begin until August. An official statement regarding Appice's inclusion in the band, replacing longtime Sabbath drummer Bill Ward, will be released next week.

The foursome are currently ensconced in a UK studio working on two new tracks for the forthcoming Rhino Records compilation, Black Sabbath: The Dio Years. The new material - the first from the Dio / Iommi / Butler / Appice team since 1992's Dehumanizer - is being produced by Iommi and is expected in early 2007.

Prepare your wallet.