Bill Ward on the "Heaven And Hell" tour.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Here's straight from his website.

Bill Ward today announced that he will not be recording new tracks for the "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" CD or playing drums on the "Heaven & Hell" tour.
"I realize there has been some speculation as to whether or not I am participating in the Heaven & Hell project," said Ward. "I want to confirm that I will not be involved in either the recordings for the upcoming CD or the subsequent tour. I want to wish the guys ­ Tony, Geezer, Ronnie, and Vinny - much success for the coming year."
No further statements are available at this time.

I have been expecting negative letters, rumors, and general gossip mongering over my not participating in the "Heaven & Hell" project. It's not unusual, as yet I've made only one brief statement to confirm that I would not be involved.
It has been brought to our attention that there is a posting on a few web sites which discloses a supposed statement I made to a Clear Channel personnel. THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE. Every piece of verbiage therein that posting - supposedly quoting me - is FALSE also.
OK. I'm off to get on with my life. Hopefully there won't be too many shite letters floating around, as I don't think anyone out there - myself included - wants to waste anymore time on complete falsehoods.
Sincerely,
Bill Ward

Doesn't sound hurting but doesn't sound quite sparkling either. Wonder what Black Sabbath is coming through (like it Sharon or not).

And speaking of the tour...

HEAVEN AND HELL - the new project featuring metal icon Ronnie James Dio (vocals - DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), Black Sabbath legends Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and the recent addition of Vinny Appice (drums - ex-Dio, Black Sabbath) are confirmed for next year's Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 6-9, 2007 in Sölvesborg, Sweden. Other acts on the bill include: HEAVEN AND HELL, BLIND GUARDIAN, MOTÖRHEAD, REO SPEEDWAGON, THE AUSTRALIAN PINK FLOYD SHOW, TROUBLE, KREATOR, UDO, SUZI QUATRO, GOV'T MULE, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, BLACK OAK ARKANSAS, THUNDER, THE ANSWER, AXEL RUDI PELL, CIRCUS MAXIMUS, RANDY PIPER´S ANIMAL, TOKYO DRAGONS, ELDRITCH, LION'S SHARE, FALCONER.

As previously reported, Heaven And Hell will be commencing their World Tour in Canada in March. There will be one exclusive US date in New York City, but the US dates won't begin until August.

The foursome are currently ensconced in a UK studio working on two new tracks for the forthcoming Rhino Records compilation, Black Sabbath: The Dio Years. The new material - the first from the Dio/Iommi/Butler/Appice team since 1992's Dehumanizer - is being produced by Iommi and is expected in early 2007.

NP: Crescent Shield - 'The Path Once Chosen'

Bill Ward, Vinny Appice, either way I'm not gonna squawk. I'd prefer Ward for classic's sake, but Appice deserves the spot due to longevity and dedication, especially to Dio.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't even remember who played back on the Dehumanizer tour. Anyways, looking forward to any announcement of any dates -- it won't be real enough until then.