Dio on Heaven and Hell tour.....

This tour is going to blow! Hope they wont play any Ozzy-Sabbath-stuff...

I doubt so, that's why it's caled Heaven And Hell, they have three albums plus the possibility of some Tony Martin material and/or Rainbow, Dio, etc. But I'm sure to avoid problems with Sharon...err, Ozzy they're not going to play material prior to 1980.

@Dee Snarl: Have you heard 'Live Evil' ?
The RJD songs kick ass, but the Ozzy songs sound ridiculous...^^

Thats why I'm so looking forward to this tour, no Sabbath-must-haves like Paranoid, War Pigs, etc, just pure RJD-Sabbath :)
I think thats a tour many have been waiting for for YEARS!

@ Wyvern: Why Dio, Rainbow? I'm not familliar to Dio/Rainbows lineup, did Tommy Iommi or some of the other Sabbaths play in them?

@ Wyvern: Why Dio, Rainbow? I'm not familliar to Dio/Rainbows lineup, did Tommy Iommi or some of the other Sabbaths play in them?

Vinnie did play with Dio for many years, I was just mentioning that the probability of a filler other than the songs form the three albums they made can come from Dio material more than Ozzy-Sabbath time material. Pure speculation :D

Well I doubt/hope there wont be any Ozzy-Sabbath stuff, maybe they'll play some Dio stuff, but I guess Tommy is behind everything, and we can be happy that there is such a tour...

@Dee Snarl: Have you heard 'Live Evil' ?
The RJD songs kick ass, but the Ozzy songs sound ridiculous...^^

Oh yeah. The Ozzy-era songs were an interesting novelty in 1982, anyway, but now they would be total disappointment after hearing Ozzy/Sabs/radio pound them into ground over the past 25 years. A slap in the face to Dio fans, really. I could see 'em pulling out one or two for an encore, maybe, but THAT'S IT! :lol:

Also, I'd rather hear Rainbow material than Dio, for old time's sake, so to speak. A lot of us have heard the Dio chestnuts live a lot as well.

But I guess the best bet would be to keep it all Dio-Sabbath....