Dio/Sabbath to tour soon!!!

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
RONNIE JAMES DIO To Reunite With TONI IOMMI, GEEZER BUTLER And BILL WARD Under The Banner HEAVEN & HELL

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 at 12:27:57

Even though their respective managements have not officially released any information, Rafabasa webzine in Madrid, Spain is reporting exclusively that starting in June, 2007 there will be a reunion tour of a group going by the name HEAVEN & HELL.

At this time, there are no dates confirmed, but the tour booking agent is offering the band to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals taking place next year.

Under the name Heaven & Hell you will find TONI IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER and BILL WARD.

Evidently if everything is confirmed, they will be playing a set consisting of music from every single CD that Ronnie James Dio performed with BLACK SABBATH, to include Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer.

The reunion cannot tour under the name Black Sabbath, or BLACK SABBATH WITH DIO, due to the fact that the copyright of the name is the property of OZZY OSBOURNE and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne.

000002170.gif
I want to see them now, now, now ...
000002170.gif

Hell yeah.:kickass:
Hope they come to Finland.

The reunion cannot tour under the name Black Sabbath, or BLACK SABBATH WITH DIO, due to the fact that the copyright of the name is the property of OZZY OSBOURNE and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne.

Can this be true. Didn´t Toni own the copyright to the Black Sabbath.o_O

:OMG: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :OMG:

I'll be there when they roll through Denver! I saw them in Oakland back on the Dehumanizer tour, which ended up being their last show together.

WTF?? They must be misinformed as Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath, unless somehing terrible has happened recently. How could it be the property of the Osbourne's now??
Iommi + Ward + Butler? This is Black Sabbath to me.

Enough ranting, let's hope the rumour will come true! :worship:

¡¡NOTICIÓN EXCLUSIVO!!

Aún ninguna de las partes lo ha hecho oficial, pero desde www.rafabasa.com os adelantamos en rigurosa exclusiva que se está preparando para el verano una gira-reunión llamada HEAVEN & HELL que podría desarrollarse a partir de junio de 2007. De momento no hay nada confirmado, pero es una realidad que la reunión se está ofreciendo a los más importantes festivales del 2007.

Bajo ese nombre se esconden TONI IOMMI guitarrista de BLACK SABBATH, junto a RONNIE JAMES DIO, el bajista GEEZER BUTLER y el batería BILL WARD.

Evidentemente, si todo se confirma, realizarán un set list en vivo basado en los álbumes de BLACK SABBATH donde Ronnie James Dio cantó y participó junto a Iommi:

Heaven & Hell- 1980
Mob Rules - 1981
Live Evil - 1982
Dehumanizer - 1992

La reunión no se puede llamar bajo el nombre de BLACK SABBATH, ni BLACK SABBATH con DIO o algo similar ya que los derechos del nombre son propiedad de Ozzy Osbourne y su manager-esposa Sharon.

Esperemos que la noticia sea oficial en breve...

Seguiremos informando.

Curiously it says that the right to BS name are owned by Ozzy and Sharon. Pretty curious IMO considering Tony Iommi used the name Black Sabbath for all albums with Tony Martin as well as "Dehumanizer" (with Dio).

Basically the newsflash keeps pointing that is all speculation...

Knowing Sharon, Ozzy was probably asleep while she threw eggs at Tony until he gave up. When OZzy woke up there was nothing he could do. Sharon had already ruined everything once again.

SoundMaster said:
http://www.bravewords.com/static/medias/images/news/51955.jpgAt this time, there are no dates confirmed, but the tour booking agent is offering the band to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals taking place next year.

Under the name Heaven & Hell you will find TONI IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER and BILL WARD.

Evidently if everything is confirmed, they will be playing a set consisting of music from every single CD that Ronnie James Dio performed with BLACK SABBATH, to include Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer

That would just be amazing. I'm glad they mentioned Dehumanizer, which I think is an underrated album. In the same league as MR or H&H? No way, but still pretty good.

As for where they're touring . . . well, they said they'd be offered to the "most important heavy metal festivals". Do we know of an important metal fest? Perhaps one in Atlanta? Maybe around Sept? How cool would that be?

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
That would just be amazing. I'm glad they mentioned Dehumanizer, which I think is an underrated album. In the same league as MR or H&H? No way, but still pretty good.

As for where they're touring . . . well, they said they'd be offered to the "most important heavy metal festivals". Do we know of an important metal fest? Perhaps one in Atlanta? Maybe around Sept? How cool would that be?

Steve in Philly

Steve !!! What the hell are you doing on the oldschool forum ? Good to see you here.

Good to hear news of the Dio/sabbath reunion. All four releases they made together is pretty awesome. I haven't listened to "Dehumanizer" in a long time. I might stick that in.

Bryant

I'm a HUGE Sabbath fan and a HUGE Dio fan so this rumor has me very excited and I really hope it's true.
As for the legal situation of the name Black Sabbath it is TOTALLY owned by Tony Iommi and NOT Ozzy or Sharon. You can check www.black-sabbath.com for confirmation of this since that site, though a fan site, is pretty much the last word on all things Sabbath.

I'll believe it when I see it...
... it would be quite awesome though.

desert_demon said:
I'm a HUGE Sabbath fan and a HUGE Dio fan so this rumor has me very excited and I really hope it's true.
As for the legal situation of the name Black Sabbath it is TOTALLY owned by Tony Iommi and NOT Ozzy or Sharon. You can check www.black-sabbath.com for confirmation of this since that site, though a fan site, is pretty much the last word on all things Sabbath.
Good to know.