Long Live Dio!

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Even though their respective managements have not officially released any information, Rafabasa webzine in Madrid, Spain is reporting exclusively that starting in June, 2007 there will be a reunion tour of a group going by the name HEAVEN & HELL.

At this time, there are no dates confirmed, but the tour booking agent is offering the band to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals taking place next year.

Under the name Heaven & Hell you will find TONY IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER and BILL WARD.

Evidently if everything is confirmed, they will be playing a set consisting of music from every single CD that Ronnie James Dio performed with BLACK SABBATH, to include Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer.

The reunion cannot tour under the name Black Sabbath, or BLACK SABBATH WITH DIO, due to the fact that the copyright of the name is the property of OZZY OSBOURNE and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne.

Taken from bravewords.com

Link: http://www.bravewords.com/news/51955

The Ozzman said:
Even though their respective managements have not officially released any information, Rafabasa webzine in Madrid, Spain is reporting exclusively that starting in June, 2007 there will be a reunion tour of a group going by the name HEAVEN & HELL.

At this time, there are no dates confirmed, but the tour booking agent is offering the band to the promoters of the most important heavy metal festivals taking place next year.

Under the name Heaven & Hell you will find TONY IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER and BILL WARD.

Evidently if everything is confirmed, they will be playing a set consisting of music from every single CD that Ronnie James Dio performed with BLACK SABBATH, to include Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer.

The reunion cannot tour under the name Black Sabbath, or BLACK SABBATH WITH DIO, due to the fact that the copyright of the name is the property of OZZY OSBOURNE and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne.

Taken from bravewords.com

Link: http://www.bravewords.com/news/51955

Sounds good. But damn, how does Bill Ward drum these days? He looks like he belongs in a retirement home. :loco:

The Ozzman said:

Oh, I'm sure Ozzy and his wife would let them, if asked nicely.

She seems like a reasonable sort.

I need to hear live Dehumanizer material like I need to eat Saddan Hussains stir-fried shit.

I could give or take Mob Rules, to be honest, though I'd probably just go to listen to the undeniably excellent material from Heaven and Hell. :Kickass:

Ender Rises said:
Sounds awesome. Sharon's a bitch, but Ozzy will probably let them use the name if he can get away with it.

Heh. There is no possible way.

Its kinda typical of the ozzman to have the licence over something that isn't actually his. I have been a Black Sabbath fan for a long time and while I think ozzy did some good material with them Dio was far better. Tony Iommi should have copyright to the name Black Sabbath not some jumped up druggy.

fo_shizzle said:
Its kinda typical of the ozzman to have the licence over something that isn't actually his. I have been a Black Sabbath fan for a long time and while I think ozzy did some good material with them Dio was far better. Tony Iommi should have copyright to the name Black Sabbath not some jumped up druggy.

Don't give Ozzy a lick of musical credibility. He can't sing worth shit. I won't even get into his lyrics. :puke:

He might have had passion in his early career, but he soon turned into a businessman. He wasn't much into the business scene either, apparently, because Sharon does all the technical work for him. He's had to rely on others' talent to make himself a star.

He's screwed so many people.

The Ozzman said:

QUOTE]

I think thats bullshit.
http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/index.html

The other issue I wanted to say something about was the bit about legally not being able to call themselves Black Sabbath. A few points about this.. Ronnie has stated on many interviews and on his website that he would not be rejoining Black Sabbath. Assuming you take that as true, the rumour I heard that it was a choice to call themselves Heaven & Hell and not Black Sabbath should be taken as correct. The other side to that is the ownership of "Black Sabbath". It's always been my knowledge that in the mid 80's Tony Iommi bought all the rights, and to this day retains such ownership. There was a lot of stories that in order to get Ozzy to come back in 1997, some of that ownership would have to be given to the Osbournes. Now I want to say this. I am a fan. A somewhat connected fan, but I still am a fan. I'm an idiot if I think I know everything - I do not. But I do pay attention, and I have never seen anything that tells me that the ownership situation of "Black Sabbath" has changed. My educated guess tells me that this bit about legally not being able to use the name Black Sabbath is incorrect, that it's a choice to do that. If I hear anything factually to counteract that, I will retract my opinion here

fo_shizzle said:

Tony Iommi owns the Black Sabbath monicker, hence him taking it through several layers of utter shit in the eighties.