INTO ETERNITY - is there a chance for ProgPower?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Just want to say that I'm listening to the latest Into Eternity album and I'll be surprised if this doesn't make my top 10 of 2004 (and I'm only on my first listen).

Anyway, I know it's way too late to even make a suggestion for this years ProgPower roster, but if these guys are on the bill, I will be ecstatic. I know they've played PP in Europe, and from what their drummer told me, they just missed out on appearing at PP III in Atlanta so I know Glenn might have been previously interested.

Well, since they've just released an instant masterpiece (or will release on Feb 10th), here's hoping for 2004...

\m/

JayKeeley said:
Just want to say that I'm listening to the latest Into Eternity album and I'll be surprised if this doesn't make my top 10 of 2004 (and I'm only on my first listen).

Anyway, I know it's way too late to even make a suggestion for this years ProgPower roster, but if these guys are on the bill, I will be ecstatic. I know they've played PP in Europe, and from what their drummer told me, they just missed out on appearing at PP III in Atlanta so I know Glenn might have been previously interested.

Well, since they've just released an instant masterpiece (or will release on Feb 10th), here's hoping for 2004...

\m/
Hey, they were on MY suggestion list back on that immense thread... I agree with you, at least. that album is awesome. a truly unique band, and a damn good one, too.

Ryan

I am thinking it will be my #1, unless Sympny X or Evergrey or someunknown band comes out with a better masterpiece as Buried in Oblivion. They would be to Prog Power V as to what Mercenary was to Prog Power 4.0. One can only hope Jay. I am sure the lineup will be awesome as usual no matter who plays.

Bear

NP: Dream Theater - Learning to Live<-------One of the best songs Evvvvveeeerrrrr

Se7enChurches said:
Hey, they were on MY suggestion list back on that immense thread...
Sorry - never saw that thread. And I didn't realize this was a competition as to who suggests them first either!? :D

Agreed Bear, IE would be the 'Mercenary' pick I guess because of the elements of aggression & extreme vocals. However, I'm not sure what that would mean for a band like Opeth (if they ever made it to a PP line up) since they would surely have to headline...

JayKeeley said:
Sorry - never saw that thread. And I didn't realize this was a competition as to who suggests them first either!? :D
Wouldn't worry about it. Glenn has said, on many occasions, he doesn't pay much attention to the suggestion threads.

As for Opeth, I doubt Glenn would bring them here now. For starters, he tried to get them last year, but they couldn't make the money work. And based on Glenn's MO, he probably wouldn't want a band who has spent the last two years touring the states as his headliner.

Zod

Agreed, about Opeth. Heck, they'll be here (Atl.) again in two weeks. (Still would love to see a good, long set from them at a nicer venue, like PP)

Gotta chime in about the new Into Eternity CD -- it's gonna be a serious contender for my Tops of 2004 chart. :headbang: If they were to play PP, they'd be Glenn's "odd band out" that he likes to have, just to keep us on our toes (Mercenary, Devin Townsend Band, etc.) It'd be cool. Variety is the spice.....

General Zod said:
As for Opeth, I doubt Glenn would bring them here now. For starters, he tried to get them last year, but they couldn't make the money work. And based on Glenn's MO, he probably wouldn't want a band who has spent the last two years touring the states as his headliner.
Heh, true. Although it does seem like the nationwide tours just keep getting better with more label support and rejuvinated interest in the scene - or at least it seems that way if you live in the NY area. Who would have thought I'd be seeing Helloween a couple of weeks back in some dingy little bar in Long Island? :lol:

So you going to see Opeth and Iced Earth in the upcoming weeks?

JayKeeley said:
Heh, true. Although it does seem like the nationwide tours just keep getting better with more label support and rejuvinated interest in the scene - or at least it seems that way if you live in the NY area. Who would have thought I'd be seeing Helloween a couple of weeks back in some dingy little bar in Long Island? :lol:

So you going to see Opeth and Iced Earth in the upcoming weeks?
We'll be in Playa del Carmen when Opeth comes around. I've seen them four times in the last two years, so I'm not too broken up about it. I'll definitely be at Iced Earth. Where are they playing near you?

GZ