ProgPower USA V

what is into eternity like? i have seen them compared to opeth, and i really don't feel like hearing another opeth like band, but since i've never heard them, i have no idea, maybe they're great!

Into Eternity is like Death + Dream Theater to some extent... Very cool progressive death metal band. Highly recommended (especially their latest album, Buried in Oblivion).

glasscastle said:
Adagio, Brainstorm and Dreamscape!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!! :hotjump:
Did I mention Adagio???? :Spin:

only complaint....Adagio...an opener??? :err: hmmmm

anyway...excellent lineup!!!!!! :worship:

well they only have 2 albums out now.. and Glenn stated before he's all about the respect thing.. the other bands that night have been around longer.. that's my guess. Although I have no idea how many albums Dreamscape have vs Into Eternity (which I saw 3 so far in my nosing around).

Bryant, picky? Say it ain't so, Joe! :tickled:

Personally, there are a few bands I'm not changing my shorts over, along with a number of bands I've honestly not been able to check out/give a shot because of crazy work and finanical situations in the past year.

Unfortuantely I was unable to attend IV, but V seems to be very much worth busting a nut to get to regardless of my current situations of courseload.

Looking forward to the show and to seeing a bunch of familiar faces.

Bryant said:
I'm pretty happy with the lineup. I am looking forward to 8 out of the 10 bands and as picky as I am, that's a pretty good combination.

Prog Maiden said:
Into Eternity is like Death + Dream Theater to some extent... Very cool progressive death metal band. Highly recommended (especially their latest album, Buried in Oblivion).

I couldn't have done a better job of describing them. Their latest cd is so good!!:Spin:

Creeps said:
well they only have 2 albums out now.. and Glenn stated before he's all about the respect thing.. the other bands that night have been around longer.. that's my guess. Although I have no idea how many albums Dreamscape have vs Into Eternity (which I saw 3 so far in my nosing around).

I think dreamscape at least have 2 cds now but if for no other reason than taking advantage of the few extra minute set time to play end of lights(20 minute track) from the new cd, it will be worth it. Hey, I can hope:dopey:

i heard the latest into eternity. overall it's pretty cool, but some parts are unsettling to me. i don't really like the 2 vocalist thing they do (i don't mind it with mercenary, however). i wish they would pick one style, and i think the band as a whole sounds best during the harsher vocals, i guess i would like that to be the focus. actually, i remember thinking the clean vocal part in the first song sounded out of place, but then in the third track the harsher stuff seemed out of place. i don't think the album is ever death metal, or even progressive death metal. i think it's fairly progressive as a whole. i like them best during their harder, more technical moments. sometimes they are really good.

First of all, my hats off to Glenn for another awesome line-up. The anticipation is going to kill most of us before September. I for one will need
cpr several times over the next 6 months!

Jon Oliva's Tage Mahal will be performing ("sneak preview") at Prog V. We are in the middle of recording the new record and it will surely be released long before the festival. The new record will have all the elements necessary to meet the prog/power criteria, believe me. Some of the material debuted at the Criss Oliva Memorial Concert will be on this record, but those songs are being re-recorded as well.

It is an honor and a pleasure to once again be apart of this incredible weekend. This is more than a festival. It is an experience that most of the fans can't describe to their friends who could not attend. Everything from the pre-show party (loved Glenn's tropical fashion ensemble last year), to the vendors and the overall atmosphere. Just when you think you know about music, you meet 1000+ fans who make you feel ignorant to what the metal world has to offer. I walked away last year feeling like I had been in school for 3 solid days.

Thank you once again Glenn. We can't wait for that weekend to arrrive.

See you there

:headbang:

That's great news!!

With the preview of Oliva's "Tage Mahal" we actually get a bonus band! That's like having 11 bands instead of 10.

A little sumthang extra at PPV...

DrBell said:
what is into eternity like? i have seen them compared to opeth, and i really don't feel like hearing another opeth like band, but since i've never heard them, i have no idea, maybe they're great!
I think Prog Maiden's "DT meets Death" description comes about as close as any I've heard. Except that there is just as much "clean" singing as there are death vocals on their new disc. Musically, it very complex and proggy but also very brutal. I'd say it's the first band I've heard that appeals equally to both prog snobs and extreme metal lovers. A killer band.

Petethedrummer said:
edit: sonata arctica next year! but still woooooooooooooo

Yes! I share your optimism for SA next year! But as the first three names I read on this year's lineup were Savatage, Edguy, and Kamelot, I will not be Disappointed.

Nate

Hallo all. Well im just posting here to say im goin to try my best to come to this Prog Power. It'll be My first festival of sorts. Im really pumped. I'll be coming all the way from Regina Canada (Into Eternity's home town btw) if i do make it. I just got offered a way down there so im goin to save up my cash all summer and hopfully have a good chunk to travel with (since our puny canadian doller isnt as strong hehe) Im totally pumped to see Adagio, Edguy, Pain of Salvation, Kamelot. Hell all of the bands. It'll be a good time for sure.

I also see some Discussion about Into Eternity. Yes they would be the oddball band because of the death vocals. But they have a bunch of 3 part harmonys with the clean vocals. So it'll be a nice mix. Someone was saying that Into Eternity are not quite death, not quite prog. And thats the beauty of them. I like to think of them as a bridge band. The death metal heads like some of they;er stuff..then the clean vocal lovers like some of there stuff. Which helps bring us together as on big happy metal family. hehe. Well i'll stop hyping them up. there good. And i hope to make this trip. Names Russ by the way. \m/

Coming down the stairs the morning of March 1st was like Christmas morning for a kid! What a treat it was to refresh the browser screen, that was left on the ProgPower web site all night, and see the terrific PPV line-up!! Excellent bands and we are proud to be sponsoring Kamelot! :headbang:

Awesome job Glenn :worship: