INTO ETERNITY-The Incurable Tragedy CD

1) Too damn short. Seriously, two intro/outro tracks, and a ballad, and the whole album doesn't top 40 minutes.
2) To samey. Sounds like everything else they have done.
3) "Diagnosis Terminal" rocks! Great tune!

If this was the first IE album I had heard, I would probably enjoy it as much as I do "Buried in Oblivion". However, its not. Its good, but nothing new or amazing.
I hear ya!
In order of preference:
Scattering Of Ashes 10/10
Buried In Oblivion 9.75/10
Dead Or Dreaming 9.66/10
Incurable Tragedy 9.5/10

I still love this band!:worship:rock::kickass:

I hear ya!
In order of preference:
Dead Or Dreaming 9.66/10
Incurable Tragedy 9.5/10

I still love this band!:worship:rock::kickass:
Man oh man do you rate things highly. A 9.5/10 should be reserved for truly special discs ... not decent/solid albums like The Incurable Tragedy. If I was to rate these four discs I'd go a little more conservative in the grading scale. I do think all four are at least quality releases, but even at that I might be rating these discs too highly .. here goes.

Buried In Oblivion 9.5/10
Scattering Of Ashes 9/10
Dead Or Dreaming 8.5/10
Incurable Tragedy 7.5/10

Britt

Man oh man do you rate things highly. A 9.5/10 should be reserved for truly special discs ... not decent/solid albums like The Incurable Tragedy. If I was to rate these four discs I'd go a little more conservative in the grading scale. I do think all four are at least quality releases, but even at that I might be rating these discs too highly .. here goes.

Buried In Oblivion 9.5/10
Scattering Of Ashes 9/10
Dead Or Dreaming 8.5/10
Incurable Tragedy 7.5/10

Britt
I don't keep CDs in my collection that I'd rate under an 8.5/10, just so ya know.:cool: I think your ratings are fair for the IE catalog. A bit low for my standards, but at least you like this band!:saint:

Ok while we're on the Into Eternity subject, I don't own any of their stuff but the last time they were here - was it Edguy??? I dunno.. anyways... - I really got into them and wanted to get their CD...

Well when I saw there were more than my wallet would allow, buying any of it got put on hold...

so I come to the PEEPS - what should I start with in their catalog???

I don't keep CDs in my collection that I'd rate under an 8.5/10, just so ya know.:cool: I think your ratings are fair for the IE catalog. A bit low for my standards, but at least you like this band!:saint:
Yeah, that's cool ... but I sure wish I would have had you as a school teacher growing up. The worst student in your class would probably get an 85%. ;)

I ranked Incurable the lowest .. too short .. tough subject matter .. songs not as memorable. The other three listed are all pretty excellent in their own right. Incurable is solid, but not as special as the others.

Britt

Ok while we're on the Into Eternity subject, I don't own any of their stuff but the last time they were here - was it Edguy??? I dunno.. anyways... - I really got into them and wanted to get their CD...

Well when I saw there were more than my wallet would allow, buying any of it got put on hold...

so I come to the PEEPS - what should I start with in their catalog???
Scattering Of Ashes might be a good starting point for you ... it's their previous disc, and current lead singer (Stu's) first with the band. I prefer it by a good margin to the latest disc .. Incurable Tragedy (Stu's 2nd with the band).

The best IE disc for my tastes is Buried In Oblivion. I think that is their high water mark.

A lot of the older fans of theirs like Dead Or Dreaming best .. hard to go wrong there.

Britt

Yeah, that's cool ... but I sure wish I would have had you as a school teacher growing up. The worst student in your class would probably get an 85%. ;)

I ranked Incurable the lowest .. too short .. tough subject matter .. songs not as memorable. The other three listed are all pretty excellent in their own right. Incurable is solid, but not as special as the others.

Britt
The worst students would have gotten F's and been expelled from school!:lol::heh: Everyone else would've had A's and B's. No C's or D's allowed!:saint:
Anyway, I pretty much agree with you in general on the IE catalog.:headbang:

Scattering Of Ashes might be a good starting point for you ... it's their previous disc, and current lead singer (Stu's) first with the band. I prefer by a good margin to the latest disc .. Incurable Tragedy.

The best IE disc for my tastes is Buried In Oblivion. I think that is their high water mark.

A lot of the older fans of theirs like Dead Or Dreaming best .. hard to go wrong there.

Britt
MY fave IS SOA and I LOVE Stu's vocals and bantering. However, BIB may be easier to digest for a new listener.

MY fave IS SOA and I LOVE Stu's vocals and bantering. However, BIB may be easier to digest for a new listener.
I'll disagree with you on that one ... I think Scattering is a bit scaled back as compared to the fairly intricate Buried In Oblivion, and in turn easier to digest. Hell though ... she should get them both. They would be the two I would most recommend anyway.

Britt

I hear ya!
In order of preference:
Dead Or Dreaming 9.66/10
Incurable Tragedy 9.5/10

OK, so I just have to understand this. I totally get that some people are more generous with "ratings" than others (and I have seen WAY more 10/10 or "perfect" albums listed on this board than on any other), but tell me....

Do you actually have a difference between a 9.5, a 9.66, and a 9.75?

And for those wondering where to start, I'd go with "Buried in Oblivion" (check out the song "Embraced by Desolation" if you can). All others are just behind, and really about equal.

OK, so I just have to understand this. I totally get that some people are more generous with "ratings" than others (and I have seen WAY more 10/10 or "perfect" albums listed on this board than on any other), but tell me....

Do you actually have a difference between a 9.5, a 9.66, and a 9.75?

And for those wondering where to start, I'd go with "Buried in Oblivion" (check out the song "Embraced by Desolation" if you can). All others are just behind, and really about equal.
Actually, yes, there IS an exact and estimable difference in my mind(according to my own rating system) between 9.5, 9.66, and 9.75. What's more, when a perfect 10/10 won't do an album justice IMO, I'll give i a 10.5 or even an otherworldly 11/10. Feast your mind on that one!:saint: It's damn true!:lol::cool: