Into the Ocean - RUINS

sangreal

Sep 9, 2004
Australia
My band Into the Ocean has just put out our first EP "RUINS" at www.intotheocean.bandcamp.com

I write all the music and do the production and, as Katatonia is easily my favourite band and biggest influence, I thought it might be interesting to post it here. I don't know if the Kata influence is easy to spot (especially because its a very different genre), but I'd still love feedback from fellow fans.

the first song is so confusing haha

honestly it sounds more like a mix of The Fall Of Troy, Hocico, and Bleeding Through, I don't really see any Katatonia in here, but it's not bad music by any means

Do you mean overgained? It is a fair bit. Sucks.

The main place you can spot my Kata influence is in the chords. I mostly try to stay away from straight power chords and always use the cool ones with more character they tend towards.

Hmmm....Actually I think this is really interesting stuff. It's heavy, weird, cool, unique, and forward thinking. I could see this becoming very popular if given proper promotion. I have to give credit where credit is due, and I think credit is really due here. Good job!
Keep going with this project of yours and pass it out to lots of labels and we might be seeing you in a bigger way!

I'm actually impressed! It's obvious a LOT of thought went into each of these songs and they are all strong individually.