Introducing Perfect Drums! The innovative virtual drum instrument and sampler.

NaughtySealAudio

New Metal Member
PD_PROMO.png

What Is Perfect Drums?
Perfect Drums is the innovative virtual drum instrument, featuring an intelligent sampling engine, that enables anyone to create unique multi-sampled instruments and share them in an easy and convenient way.

The Drums
First of all Perfect Drums gives you some of the best drum samples on the market. Recorded in a professional studio by experienced engineers, they are made to sit perfectly in the mix, giving the instant punch, depth and fatness to your tracks. With a total of 67 instruments, including: 4 kick drums, 6 snare drums, 12 toms and 45 cymbals by some of the best drum manufacturers currently out there, Prefect Drums is able to compliment any music style and will quickly become your go to drum sample library for all times.

The Sampler
But Perfect Drums is not just another sample library. It is also your own ultimate fully-featured sampler. And here is where it comes in to it’s own. Imagine if you could create multi-sampled drum instruments incorporating: full control over different articulations, microphone groups, dynamic layers and every single audio sample in a quick and easy way? That is all possible in Perfect Drums... Furthermore, you can share or sell your instruments knowing everyone is able to load them using a free version of the Perfect Drums Player plugin.

The Mixer
Perfect Drums also features a mixer with incredible flexibility. It gives the user comprehensive metering, instrument level, pan & phase controls, parallel processing groups, fully configurable mix routings, including internal auxiliary busses and multiple outputs. Perfect Drums is able to carry out any mixing task, keeping your drums in a perfect balance.

The software comes as 64bit VST, AU, AAX plugin compatible with both MAC and Windows operating systems.

Feature Highlights:
  • Extensive sound library, containing 67 meticulously sampled instruments
  • Parallel processing sample group
  • High-end reverb sample group
  • Smart Instrument Loading algorithm
  • Smart Instrument Preview feature
  • Intelligent Sampling Engine
  • FREE Perfect Drums Player, enabling anyone to load your instruments
  • PD CLOUD community (coming soon!)
  • Incredible mixing capabilities to keep your drums in a perfect balance

Hear It In Action!

See It In Detail

For more information regarding the product, please follow the link below:
http://www.theperfectdrums.com

PD_DRUMS.png PD_SAMPLER.png PD_MIXER.png PD_INSTRUMENT-LIST.png PD_MIDI-MAP.png

this looks interesting!

to be absolutely honest i do not necessarily like the drum sounds, they are OK but that's it,
thankfully this is just my opinion based on my preferences on drum dounds ;)

EDIT:
being still very curious i purchased PD and after playing around a bit i must say the drum sounds are fantastic!

the sampler section however seems like a really great and new idea, i am really looking forward to
see how this is actually working! :)

am i wrong or is the sampler itself FREE!?

Last edited:
this looks interesting!

to be absolutely honest i do not necessarily like the drum sounds, they are OK but that's it,
thankfully this is just my opinion based on my preferences on drum dounds ;)

the sampler section however seems like a really great and new idea, i am really looking forward to
see how this is actually working! :)

am i wrong or is the sampler itself FREE!?
You can see Sampler in action at this part of the walkthrough video:

Sampler, alllowing you to create instruments comes with the full version of Perfect Drums. The free Player version is there to let anyone load and use the instruments, created in the full version. So when creating your instruments in PD you can be sure that aevery single person in the world would be able to use them in the DAW of preference. That's useful if you are planning to share (sell) your instruments.

Reactions: FIXXXER
Really liking this, the only things I wish it had so far would be the ability to combine multiple kit pieces (a couple snares etc in the main browser) and then one small issue is not being able to assign the same note to multiple instruments in the sampler (or can you?....it shows red when I try), so you could, for example, assign multiple kick samples etc to C1 and so on.

Really liking this, the only things I wish it had so far would be the ability to combine multiple kit pieces (a couple snares etc in the main browser) and then one small issue is not being able to assign the same note to multiple instruments in the sampler (or can you?....it shows red when I try), so you could, for example, assign multiple kick samples etc to C1 and so on.
Hi, Bob! Thanks for feedback! Yes, we are working on the "X-PADS" for the Drums section right now, that will enable you to load several instruments per kit peace at the same time (e.g. 2 kick drums or several snare drums). It will be there in the nearest update!
Regarding the MIDI note assignment, yes you can assign only one single note per instrument's articulation currently. But this limitation will be off with the upcoming update as well!

The PD v1.1.0 update will also include some more cool features AND the "Factory Expansion I" bringing you the whole new kit and instruments! And of course the update is absolutely free for all users, just like all the future PD updates are!

Reactions: FIXXXER
Hi guys!
We have made a DEMO kit for you to try in the PD Player. You can download it following the link below:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/theperfectdrums/PERFECT_KIT1_DEMO.zip

Just unzip it and open the containing ".pdpk" file in PD Player using the "Load Player Kit" command in the Kit Designer menu.
PD Player can be downloaded here:
PD PLAYER | Perfect Drums

So, the kit itself is one of the Perfect Drums preset kits. It has 8 instruments: kick, snare, rack tom, floor tom, hihat, ride, and 2 crashes.
All instruments have only 2 roundrobins per dynamic layer as a part of DEMO limitation. The full version has 8 roundrobins per dynamic layer.

Secondly. I've rendered the dry kit for those who asked. Find it below:
[SOUNDCLOUD][/SOUNDCLOUD]

It's the Perfect Kit 1 preset with just close mics + a tiny bit of OH and ROOM. It has no reverb, nor fx sample groups. And of course no post processing. Enjoy!

Nice, it's already feeling like money well spent, unlike Slate drums and a bunch of others.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Reactions: naash_g
I'm loving what I'm hearing.
You could contact to Getgood drums, 4d Sounds, Fredman Digital or other bigger metal / rock drum sample providers (Seraph Recordings) propose them your software and they might hook you up with more customers.

I'm loving what I'm hearing.
You could contact to Getgood drums, 4d Sounds, Fredman Digital or other bigger metal / rock drum sample providers (Seraph Recordings) propose them your software and they might hook you up with more customers.
Thanks! That's what we are currently doing ;) we'll see how it goes!

For those who are playing with the demo kit we have created a bunch of MIDI maps, based on some of the popular VI's out there.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/theperfectdrums/Sampler_Maps.zip

So if you got used to some of them, just load it in the Global Mappings menu using the "Load Sampler Map" function.

Hey guys! Just to let you know that Perfect Drums TCI is out now. As you may get from the name it's about to be used with the Slate Digital TRIGGER software, for those who requested.
PERFECT DRUMS TCI_INSTRUMENT LIST.png

It contains 22 instruments from the Perfect Drums factory library:
  • 4 kick drums
  • 6 snare drums
  • 12 toms (4 full sets)

Each instrument incorporates all the available Perfect Drums’ sample groups, including:
  • DIRECT microphone samples
  • FX samples (for parallel processed group)
  • OVERHEAD samples
  • ROOM samples
  • REVERB samples

To get the Perfect Drums TCI pack for a special intro price please proceed to the Purchase page.

Cheers!

Which version of Perfect Drums is Ola reviewing? Because I can't layer instruments like he is doing with the kick and snare. Is this the new version coming out this month?

Thanks.

Which version of Perfect Drums is Ola reviewing? Because I can't layer instruments like he is doing with the kick and snare. Is this the new version coming out this month?

Thanks.
Are you using the PD Player? It does not allow you to import your own samples, it's only for loading the instruments already created in the full version of Perfect Drums. So in order to create your instrument using your own wav/aif files you need the full version.

Yes, I am using the full version (version 1 or whatever it is). If I add my own kick samples I can't change the midi note so that the midi note is the same as the midi note of the perfect drums kick. I would like them to both play at the same time so that I can create a layer.

Yes, I am using the full version (version 1 or whatever it is). If I add my own kick samples I can't change the midi note so that the midi note is the same as the midi note of the perfect drums kick. I would like them to both play at the same time so that I can create a layer.
Weird thing.. You should be able to set the Sampler instruments midi notes to any of the ones used for the factory instruments and layer them that way with ease. just like Ola show's. I sent you a private message, let's discuss it there.

I bought this. I just want to say that for a newly launched plugin, this is extremely impressive. It's very well thought and laid out. The sampler feature is what intrigued me the most. I absolutely hate using Kontakt for drums and this is the perfect solution for that. I've been hoping for something like this and it delivers the goods!

The included library sounds fantastic. I like you can blend in the FX samples with what (I think are?) dry samples. The easily accessible knobs for room and reverb on a per shell basis is great. Compared to other drum VSTs, this is just very well thought out and planned.

A few suggestions:

- We could definitely use more than three velocity layers for the sampler mode. Perhaps allow us to add a velocity layer? For example, I have some drum samples (.wavs) that have Crack, Hard, (sometimes Medium hard too), Medium, Soft and Extra soft velocity samples.

- We definitely need an option on where to install the library during installation. Unless I missed it, the library is installed on my C drive right now.

- We could probably use a tuning feature for the drums, especially the snares.

Last edited:
i absolutely agree on the sampler but as for the tuning, i think that PD is just right NOT giving any of these options!

the tuning knobs only adjust the pitch of the samples it has nothing to do with actually tuning a snare and it does sound really bad.
PD has nicely tuned snares to begin with and does not require any tuning.

It depends on what you use your samples for, if it is for reinforcement not matching the sample pitch to the original drum pitch sounds worse than simply pitching it IMO

Yeah that's right but mostly people will use TRIGGER or any similar software to replace/augment real tracks, in this case you can adjust the samples in the software.

Of course there are people who program drums along real tracks but that's not really a common workflow.

In general a "tune knob" would do no harm to PD but i really like the simplicity of the GUI and adding more, not so crucial stuff is not a good idea imho :)

Another topic, does anybody know how to set up a custom drum map within Cubase?
I opened an empty project, loaded up PD in multitrack and routed everything the way it should be.

Of course, as Cubase is using a different map the sounds do not match
perfectly but the worst thing is that the different articulations, for example the hihats are all over the place. Imho this should be descending in a somewhat logical order...

Any ideas how to set up PD exactly this way?

I have tried to set up the corresponding MIDI notes to the drum pieces manually but for some reason
cubase will not accept my settings.

Tried a few things more and i think that this might be a problem within Perfect Drums.
For example if i want to assign the Kick to a MIDI note i can assign it only to the following notes,

C#0, D#0, F0, G0, A0, B0, C#1 etc.

The notes in between are not "available" just as the negative range like C-2 etc.

EDIT:
LOL, it seems like it is possible to drag the notes around in Cubase, so i can simply drag&drop
the notes inta a logical order instead of having them all around the place, nice! :D

Here is how it looks like..

https://a78i.imgup.net/PDmapdcf8.jpg

I also saved this as a new drum map so if anybody is interested and wants to test it just send a PM.
PerfectDru053b.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's right but mostly people will use TRIGGER or any similar software to replace/augment real tracks, in this case you can adjust the samples in the software.

Of course there are people who program drums along real tracks but that's not really a common workflow.

In general a "tune knob" would do no harm to PD but i really like the simplicity of the GUI and adding more, not so crucial stuff is not a good idea imho :)

Another topic, does anybody know how to set up a custom drum map within Cubase?
I opened an empty project, loaded up PD in multitrack and routed everything the way it should be.

Of course, as Cubase is using a different map the sounds do not match
perfectly but the worst thing is that the different articulations, for example the hihats are all over the place. Imho this should be descending in a somewhat logical order...

Any ideas how to set up PD exactly this way?

I have tried to set up the corresponding MIDI notes to the drum pieces manually but for some reason
cubase will not accept my settings.

Tried a few things more and i think that this might be a problem within Perfect Drums.
For example if i want to assign the Kick to a MIDI note i can assign it only to the following notes,

C#0, D#0, F0, G0, A0, B0, C#1 etc.

The notes in between are not "available" just as the negative range like C-2 etc.

EDIT:
LOL, it seems like it is possible to drag the notes around in Cubase, so i can simply drag&drop
the notes inta a logical order instead of having them all around the place, nice! :D

Here is how it looks like..

I also saved this as a new drum map so if anybody is interested and wants to test it just send a PM.
PerfectDru053b.jpg
Perfect Drums MIDI notes operation range is C0-C5 so you can't pick up the negative octave notes. But all the others are available, unless any of them are already used by some other instruments/articulations (those notes will be highlighted in red). In that case you may try building your map from a scratch, initializing the "Clear Drum Map" command from within the Global Mappings menu. You can then save your map for a further use, so you'll have to do it only once.