INTROMENTAL announces Uniting the Powers of Metal 2011 East Coast Tour

BTW...the first show...on August 17th at JAXX in Springfield, VA is my birthday!
Everyone who tells me "Happy Birthday" at the show gets one dollar off of the Artizan CD! haha...don't ya just love gimmicks!
And, anyone who throws cake in my face gets their ass kicked! :lol:

curse-of-the-artizan_cover.jpg

I do believe the guys(and girl) in Seven Kingdoms are driving approx. 15 hours to get to the first show. Certainly some of you can appreciate this and drive a few hours to be there. Or, you can just keep complaining, which will surely help your situation.

And, when these bands DO come to YOUR part of the nation, you can watch everyone else complain about it being too far for them.

I do believe the guys(and girl) in Seven Kingdoms are driving approx. 15 hours to get to the first show. Certainly some of you can appreciate this and drive a few hours to be there. Or, you can just keep complaining, which will surely help your situation.

And, when these bands DO come to YOUR part of the nation, you can watch everyone else complain about it being too far for them.

:lol::lol::lol: :headbang:

Haha 15 hours? That's nothing compared to a Houston to Ashville North Carolina drive! Haha we did that in a day

Like others said, these dates are too far south. NYC would work for me!

who's to say the booking agent(s) did not at least attempt to get this tour into PA or NYC? Perhaps some of the folks who 'want' shows like this in their hometown could reach out to their venues and insist they take a tour like this.

You also know that Milton works for Intromental now, as I have done. So why not reach out to Milton and offer assistance in NYC or PA or Mass? Help him get shows into your town. If you have to, gather some friends and offer sponsorships. Venues aren't going to book 'unproven' bands. Trust me - I know. I spent more than six months working on the Jon Oliva's Pain tour in 2008. And still didn't make everyone happy because we couldn't get the founder of Savatage & TSO into 'your' town because of the 20-yr old talent buyers in the venues that say "Who?".

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, and I'm certainly not belittling anyone who says they can't drive a couple hours to a show on a weekday. Lord knows I can't. But until you've walked a mile in my shoes or Milton's shoes, try to understand that we don't 'ignore' NYC or PA or Mass or other cities where there's a market for metal. But it takes cooperation from the local talent buyers/promoters/venues in those markets.

~Hoyt.

This.

Like others said, these dates are too far south. NYC would work for me!

I understand that, man. Unfortunately, it didn't work to bring to bring the tour up north this time around. Hell, I personally would love to have this show in NY (not to sound too selfish, but dammit I wanna see the tour I booked too.. lol). There's quite a lot of factors that go into doing this, but unfortunately some people don't realize that. It's not just "Oh, lets bring this to this or that place" and that's it.

I can tell you one thing though - there's always people complaining that they get the same half dozen openers in every tour and not enough quality progressive and power metal shows across the country. Believe me, we have quite a few cards up our sleeves that are going to take a lot of people by surprise, including some very special things for the NY area... ;)

While you can't make it to these shows, the only thing I can ask you is to tell your friends in those areas about the tour and convince them it will be a good time. It will definitely help us bring some more quality shows across the country. (West Coasters, your time will come too).

We would like to welcome our new sponsor for the 'Uniting the Powers of Metal' east coast tour, Sabatur Pro Audio (top right of flyer). These guys are awesome and carry a lot of great musical gear. Check out their website http://www.sabaturproaudio.com/ and enter the code "artizan" (all lower case) at checkout to receive an EXTRA 10% off of your order.

intromental_tourposter_august2011_web.jpg