Intromental Proudly Presents Its Newest Signing: PSYAXIS

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - AUGUST 14 2011

Intromental Worldwide is extremely proud to welcome one of the most exciting new power/progressive metal bands that we've laid ears upon in recent years. From Florida (the Sunshine State that brought us Kamelot, Savatage, Iced Earth and Crimson Glory a.o.) hails PSYAXIS - a band of 4 extremely talented musicians, dedicated to the cause of serving you, the listener, with a slab of hard hitting powerful prog metal.

Psyaxis was founded by Florida based lead guitarist/songwriter Matt Roberts in April of 2006. His penchant for various types of metal and fusion music inspired him to forge a new type of sound, combining his favorite elements of music into one band. He began writing the debut album immediately and sought out musicians to help realize his artistic vision.

Imperiled by lineup changes and difficulty finding musicians of an adequate caliber, Psyaxis was restrained from its full potential until early 2008 when Matt began working with John Zambrotto, who would go on to be the band's permanent vocalist. Having secured a strong vocalist, Psyaxis entered the studio with Rick Mazz behind the drumkit to record the first version of "Infinity of Pain" at Red Room Studios in Tampa, Fl, with Mark Prator behind the console. They proceeded to play local shows around the Tampa area, sharing the stage with bands such as The Absence, Circle II Circle, and Seven Kingdoms. In the summer of 2009, they recorded early versions of "Disciples of Allah" and "No One Gets Out Alive" at Mana Studios, in St Petersburg, Fl. This experience ignited a strong working relationship between Matt and recording engineer, Brian Elliott.

Psyaxis continued to play around the Tampa area, progressively opening for larger acts such as WASP, Jon Oliva's Pain, Fuel, etc. They had various drummers, rhythm guitarists, and bassists fill in the shows until Matt met bassist Miles Neff, formerly of Seven Kingdoms. He proved to be an excellent fit and became a permanent member from that point. After playing the local circuit and securing the necessary, Psyaxis once again entered the studio; this time to record the full length debut "Black Dawn Rising".

For the recordings Matt enlisted highly-acclaimed drummer, Marco Minnemann (known from UKZ, Necrophagist, Ultimate Zero, Ephel Duath and many more). However, the duo proved to have an exceptionally strong chemistry both inside and outside of the studio. This established Marco's permanent role in the band. The album was recorded in 3 weeks at Mana studios, engineered and co-produced by Brian Elliott.

With such strong material as the powerful title song, the politically infused "Disciples of Allah", the ultra melodic "Dreadful Visions" or the progressive opener "Salvation Denied", Psyaxis immediately caught the attention of renowned management and booking company Intromental Worldwide, and a deal was soon in place for Intromental to start promoting Psyaxis.

Musically Psyaxis draws on the heavy power metal of bands such as Iced Earth or Savatage (with guitarist Matt Roberts bearing an uncanny resemblance to the late Criss Oliva in his soloing), the melodic prog of a Dream Theater (no wonder that drummer Marco Minnemann was among the remaining choices for the vacant spot in DT earlier this year) to a more modern and aggressive sound that can only be described as unique for Psyaxis.

LINEUP:
John Zambrotto - Vocals
Matt Roberts - Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Miles Neff - Bass
Marco Minnemann - Drums

WEB:
www.intromental.com/psyaxis
www.reverbnation.com/psyaxis

Sounds interesting. I quickly went to their myspace page to check out a few songs. I think the singer is somewhat influenced by Jon Oliva, but I'm not floored yet. He needs to learn not to 'scream-sing' because it gets grating, especiallu on the "Disciples..." track. I think the guitar work is really, really good. With a good producer and more refined songwriting, they could be onto something.

Cheers!

NP: Argus - Boldly Stride the Doomed

I had no idea Marco Minnemann was their drummer....I actually had to double and triple check to make sure this wasn't a joke. Awesome news for Psyaxis. They have a good sound and I talk to Miles occasionally so I'll be bugging him on the story of how they got Minnemann to be the drummer.

Apparently this was the perfect time for me to get back on these forums.

I always enjoyed working with the gang at Intromental when I was in Seven Kingdoms and it's great to be back on the bill as a member of Psyaxis. I look forward to working together again.