Invader on ch3.....

working on it......VERY tight timeframe recoring guits though, so it'll most likely kjust a quick jam with everything on noon or so...nothing extremely special, but better than nothing at all ;)

working on it......VERY tight timeframe recoring guits though, so it'll most likely kjust a quick jam with everything on noon or so...nothing extremely special, but better than nothing at all ;)

Dude, I always look forward to your clips...don't worry about it! You could mic a Pignose and I would be counting down the minutes to get out of work to go listen to it hahaha.

-Joe

I liked it alot also but found it a bit scooped. With the mids maxed and the bright switch on it was good. I prefer the Savage rhythm sound though...

it IS quite scooped...I'm reamping now with the mids on 2-3 (o'clock) and everything else at noon...still sounds scooped....I liked scooped tones though.

Dude, I always look forward to your clips...don't worry about it! You could mic a Pignose and I would be counting down the minutes to get out of work to go listen to it hahaha.

-Joe

thanks buddy, that's a really flattering compliment

I loved the ch3 tones when I tried the amp, I can only help but wonder how it'll cut through in a mix though. Everytime I saw an invader used live it didn't cut through. Looking forward to your clip(s)

I loved the ch3 tones when I tried the amp, I can only help but wonder how it'll cut through in a mix though. Everytime I saw an invader used live it didn't cut through. Looking forward to your clip(s)

that might indeed be a problem, it doesn't really have much bite....sounds pretty smooth.
I intend on blending it with the Über on the thing I'm working on atm.
I mean actual blending, not seperate tracks of each but reamping the same DI through both amps...the Bogner will definitely be the key-tracks though.

that might indeed be a problem, it doesn't really have much bite....sounds pretty smooth.
I intend on blending it with the Über on the thing I'm working on atm.
I mean actual blending, not seperate tracks of each but reamping the same DI through both amps...the Bogner will definitely be the key-tracks though.

That should be really cool. I have yet to try the invader with a nice 10-15 band EQ in the loop. That might well solve the scoopedness/lack of bite. Ofcourse, blending it with an Uber is even better.

I'm glad you like it, especially after just getting the Über. IMO the Invader on ch3 does the Fireball thing but alot better than the Fireball - less fizz, more meat, and cuts through better than the Fireball.
My buddy once had his Blackmore in repair and had to use my old Fireball at rehearsal, it didn't stand much of a chance next to the Invader in the bandmix.

So the Invader is not yours and you won't have it there for long? Too bad, but I'm still looking forward to your clips. My own try to record mine just sucked so royally, I'm curious to how it can sound properly recorded! :)

Here's a little something before Lasse brings the reeeeaaaal shit!

http://www.soundclick.com/tomir

A quick clip I made some time ago with the Invader ch.3. Totally raw, no editing whatsoever. The tone is quite scooped, but intentionally since I was going for that type of tone.

Sorry for the sloppy playing...

I noticed afterwards that I should have moved the mic a bit closer to the center of the cone, since the tone is indeed a bit too dark. And I did have a bit too much gain going on considering the amount of tracks.

The chain was: ESP F-STD S7 7-string w. EMG 707's -> Maxon OD808 -> ENGL Invader 100 ch.3, bright, hi gain -> Mesa Recto Standard 4X12" -> Sm57 -> Focusrite Saffire PRO 26 i/o -> Reaper

I agree with Lasse, channel 3 has this cool 5150 type of vibe to it. When it comes to playing live with the Invader, use channel 2 with the hi gain mode on, since it cuts through better than ch.3 and with the high gain mode on it still has more gain than I would ever need.