Engl Invader 150 or Savage 120?

And I'm in again for the Blackmore;)
Don't forget this awesome amp, it's a badassmotherfucker(for an Engl^^), the only Engl that is a competitor for the Savage, imo.

Like Lasse said, IF it HAS to be an Engl.

According to the manual the Z-9 is perfect.

I switch channels, Master A/B and "Middle Voiced" via a Fame 4-way Footswitch connected by two regular stereo cables.
Jep I'm a cheap bastard. :devil:

Holy Shit! This is the tone I've been wanting all my life! I have the gain at around noon, and the overdrive is set nearly off on my OD808, with the balance around 12. Damn! It's too bad Engl didn't put ch.4 of the Savage in the Invader. I like the layout of the Invader better, with the eq on 4 channels, but Holy Fuck! The Savage 120 is the best tone I've ever had! I'm fucking stoked! The amp has a hum though. I've gotta throw some new JJs in there. Any recommendations on Power amp tubes for the Savage?

So, I've fell in love with ch. 2 of the Invader. I guess I'm keeping both! I put a Jan 5751 in V1 of the Savage, and that cleaned up some fizz. I wish it had a noise gate on it! It hums like crazy! I'm spoiled with the gate on the Invader, used with my NS2 on the way in. I love the silence on guitar tracks. No need for fades on every region! I've got a couple NOS RFT 12ax7s comin' this week for both amps! There are 6 power tubes on the Invader 150. Could I run the Invader at 100 watts somehow? I've also read somewhere that the bright switch doesn't work on ch.3 & 4 of the 150, but it actually works as a mid boost on those channels. Has anyone compared the Invader 100 to the 150?

Holy Shit! This is the tone I've been wanting all my life! I have the gain at around noon, and the overdrive is set nearly off on my OD808, with the balance around 12. Damn! It's too bad Engl didn't put ch.4 of the Savage in the Invader. I like the layout of the Invader better, with the eq on 4 channels, but Holy Fuck! The Savage 120 is the best tone I've ever had! I'm fucking stoked! The amp has a hum though. I've gotta throw some new JJs in there. Any recommendations on Power amp tubes for the Savage?

Just be sure to push LeadBoost and you won't need the OD808.

So the RFT ECC83 came in. I tried it in V1 of the Invader and the Savage, and it just sucked in both! It just broke the gain all up, and made the amps sound brittle like a Crate solid state head. I bought the tube from here http://www.kcanostubes.com/content/nos-rft-12ax7
The tube in the picture has a big N printed on it. Mine came with the letters RFT and a serial#, but it came in an old ass RFT box. I'm gonna put it in my 5150 and other positions in the preamp, but I think I got ripped off. JJs and even the stock Engls sound way smoother than this RFT.