What Engl?

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hola amigos. I'm talking to Engl about some endorsement possibilities for my new band Anthem Alone, and I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

I've done a bit of research about these amps (which is why I want one), and I've been really stuck on the Engl Invader for the longest time.. But now that it's time to actually get one, I'm second guessing. I read a lot of posts in here and a lot of people are picking a Savage over an Invader! I was surprised. What Engl amp should I go for guys?

wait dude! you recorded with Josh!?!?

EDIT: ohh and not to be a dick, but your plays/views looks way boosted. You have 3,000 friends and 430,000 plays and 845,000 views, so each friend had to have listened to your two songs about 7 times each and for each play they refreshed the page twice? just sayin you should even that out a bit

wait dude! you recorded with Josh!?!?

EDIT: ohh and not to be a dick, but your plays/views looks way boosted. You have 3,000 friends and 430,000 plays and 845,000 views, so each friend had to have listened to your two songs about 7 times each and for each play they refreshed the page twice? just sayin you should even that out a bit

Yes we did. Space bags? haha!

I wasn't even aware you can "boost" your plays/views. I know when we were publicized and theprp.com put an official thing up about us, shit exploded. We've got a ton of friend requests pending right now, but we don't do a whole lot on our myspace yet!

Savage or Fireball!

Thanks man! Can you tell me why you choose those two over the invader?

I talked to Bulb from Periphery and Chris from Scale the Summit, and they both told me to go with the invader. But You're a well known guy around here so I want to know what you think!

I would say Fireball, Invader (100, I've heard bad things about the 150s) or Savage.

I haven't played any of these but I've heard quite good recorded tones of them. Quite organic sounding.

I personally think the SE's are a bit over-hyped for what you get out of them. I just can't see how they could have an amp that costs so much and have some channels still share EQ. I don't know if I'm the only one who sees that as being a pain in the ass or what, but it just bugs me. :lol:

Avoid the Powerball too.

Thanks man! Can you tell me why you choose those two over the invader?

I talked to Bulb from Periphery and Chris from Scale the Summit, and they both told me to go with the invader. But You're a well known guy around here so I want to know what you think!

Just hearing the proof continually over the course of time.

I've tried an Invader down here numerous times and there was nothing endearing about it. Both wattage models. Not really heard any clips with one that made my mouth water either.

The Savage is the meanest out of the bunch and seems to have the most distinctive character - one which has become a bit beloved around here, in no small part due to Ola's clips over the years. I'm pretty convinced this could be a great modern djent amp too, despite everyone's love for the Invader and SE.

The Fireball was the same story. A while back CJ did a large number of tracks with it, and by the end his tones got quite mean. All done with a Marshall 1960 cab from memory, or at least a cab with G12-T75s, right into an Mbox or something similar. So it was fairly impressive considering it's supposed to be a low-end ENGL.

Just hearing the proof continually over the course of time.

I've tried an Invader down here numerous times and there was nothing endearing about it. Both wattage models. Not really heard any clips with one that made my mouth water either.

The Savage is the meanest out of the bunch and seems to have the most distinctive character - one which has become a bit beloved around here, in no small part due to Ola's clips over the years. I'm pretty convinced this could be a great modern djent amp too, despite everyone's love for the Invader and SE.

The Fireball was the same story. A while back CJ did a large number of tracks with it, and by the end his tones got quite mean. All done with a Marshall 1960 cab from memory, or at least a cab with G12-T75s, right into an Mbox or something similar. So it was fairly impressive considering it's supposed to be a low-end ENGL.

Thanks Ermz! Can you point me in the direction to some clips of of these? I went to the Engl page, and they didn't have any. I've seen all of Ola's but are there anymore that you know of?

rocksolidamps.com used to have a ton, they weren't great, but it seems the site has gone down anyway.

I've uploaded some of CJ's old Fireball clips for you:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Forum/11-9-06 DFHx - Song 1 Idea.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Forum/GOR - Remote Floods.mp3

I know how the dealer thing is. There are no Savages in stock here in this state, at all. I talked to the distributor asking why and they said it was because the overwhelming demand was for Powerballs and Invaders. Australia - upside down in all facets of life since the colonists first enslaved the native troglodytes.

rocksolidamps.com used to have a ton, they weren't great, but it seems the site has gone down anyway.

I've uploaded some of CJ's old Fireball clips for you:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Forum/11-9-06 DFHx - Song 1 Idea.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Forum/GOR - Remote Floods.mp3

I know how the dealer thing is. There are no Savages in stock here in this state, at all. I talked to the distributor asking why and they said it was because the overwhelming demand was for Powerballs and Invaders. Australia - upside down in all facets of life since the colonists first enslaved the native troglodytes.

Hell yes! Thank you a ton brother.

Do you still recommend the Savage for live uses as well? Perhaps Bulb is bias to his invader! MIND CONTROLLLLLED REPTILIAN!