What Engl?

havnig owned the fireball and the invader AND played everything from se to savage,
i must say i hate the fireball and the powerball.
i just recorded an invader 150 and i quiet liked it. its a little weak in the upper mids,
but it plays really nice. for recording id actually ditch engls and go for something
else. (mesa or diezel).

havnig owned the fireball and the invader AND played everything from se to savage,
i must say i hate the fireball and the powerball.
i just recorded an invader 150 and i quiet liked it. its a little weak in the upper mids,
but it plays really nice. for recording id actually ditch engls and go for something
else. (mesa or diezel).

Thanks man! I'm mainly interested in them for touring situations. I've a Mesa and 5150 for recording purposes! =)

+1 to the Blacki, imo THE best Engl, cause it sounds less ENGL'ish(for the most people who just know the Fire/Powerballs).
But with the Savage or Blacki you can't go wrong.

definitely check out the fireball 100, too!
pretty different character from the 60w version. it's a beast, very thick, articulate, tight, with more (great) features than the 60w version. i'm loving mine, and it gives my other guitarists 60w fireball a nice kick in the nuts hehe.

definitely check out the fireball 100, too!
pretty different character from the 60w version. it's a beast, very thick, articulate, tight, with more (great) features than the 60w version. i'm loving mine, and it gives my other guitarists 60w fireball a nice kick in the nuts hehe.

Yeah, I should've noted it was that 60W head I'd tried...
That new 100 watter seems like an interesting amp.

The SE is different from the Savage again (I also prefer the savage).
The invader is pretty cool, to me it sounds a bit plastic-y and artificial, but that can be an advantage in some cases, definitely a fun amp...bit pricey though.