Investing in vintage gear?

recycle

Sep 12, 2007
Norway
What do you guys think about "investing" in Vintage/class A studio gear? I mean, If you by "the real deal" (neve, etc) and keep it in good shape , I suppose the gear wont loose its value over the years? Kinda like a good old cognac :loco: hehe
Check this out: http://www.vintageking.com/

Btw, Im fairly new to this great forum, so this is good chance for me to introduce my self. Hello, I am Leif from Norway =)

I love vintage gear and am proud to own a URei LA-4 and a Manley stereo LA-3A. There are some great plugins to do just about everything, and they really do sound like the originals, but it's sometimes nice to have the tactile feel of old gear and true-zero latency. I'm obsessed with the Roland Space Echo as a plug-in, would be cool to own the real thing one day, although I'm sure sonically there are pros and cons to both.

Welcome, Leif, to the forum! :kickass:

I love vintage gear and am proud to own a URei LA-4 and a Manley stereo LA-3A. There are some great plugins to do just about everything, and they really do sound like the originals, but it's sometimes nice to have the tactile feel of old gear and true-zero latency. I'm obsessed with the Roland Space Echo as a plug-in, would be cool to own the real thing one day, although I'm sure sonically there are pros and cons to both.

Welcome, Leif, to the forum! :kickass:

Thanx:)