ION- sideproject

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
Just to keep rpomours under control, here is the statement regarding my and Vintersorg's side project:

ION

New project by Vintersorg and Øystein G. Brun

We hereby want to announce our new musical project called ION.

ION has been an idea of ours for quite some years now. In spite of our involvements in respective band/bands, there is still some undicovered musical fields that we would like to discover through this co-existence. The project is solely rooted in our heartfelt exitement of creating and constructing music.
Our musical expression thereof.

An album is roughly planned to be recorded/released during 2003. At this point ION is not contracted to any label so any interested party should contact us on the following adress for further information.

ion_project@hotmail.com

Sincerely,

Vintersorg & Øystein G. Brun

QUOTE: there is still some undicovered musical fields
so we can expect some really original music. Can you compare it with other music??

Correct me if I am wrong but it will have a ambient sound, I thought??? I am really looking forward it. I hope that you can tell more about it. (what vocals/lyrics/intruments)

Actually, it's a bit hard to say how the music, lyrics, vocal lines...etc will end up, we're just launching this thing just now, the basis of the songs are there(as Öystein have composed some very interesting songs) but I haven't worked much on vocals yet, but my spirit is really eager so I'll start asap. I could imagine some form of Ambient atmosphere's, but still it's very original music, not the typical phases and phrases.

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg
Actually, it's a bit hard to say how the music, lyrics, vocal lines...etc will end up, we're just launching this thing just now, the basis of the songs are there(as Öystein have composed some very interesting songs) but I haven't worked much on vocals yet, but my spirit is really eager so I'll start asap. I could imagine some form of Ambient atmosphere's, but still it's very original music, not the typical phases and phrases.

mr V

Is it something like the old Mortiis stuff?

Nope, not at all, I just said that I could imagine some form of Ambient atmospheres, but this is very guitar based music.

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg
Nope, not at all, I just said that I could imagine some form of Ambient atmospheres, but this is very guitar based music.

mr V

sounds really cool :D

yeah, I don´t really like Mortiis...
so, a lot of acoustic guitar will on it???? I hope that there will a lot of tokkle parts (is that the word?) on it, not that dark wand & the moon stuff who play only chords...