Ireland

I used to live in Dublin,Well I grew up there really, and my Dad lives over there.
Im going there on tuesday.Its is such a great place you wont be dissapointed at all, the people are friendly, the city is clean and tidy and full of interesting sites.
one recommendation is visit Temple Bar (the actual bar) its a really great Irish pub,Temple Bar itself has a market on saterdays (I think) that serves all kinds of delicacies from all over the world.
Word of Warning there are alot of travellers on the outskirts of the city and it can get a bit rowdy if your in the wrong place at the wrong time.
You could Visit the Phil Lynott statue,even if you arn't/wern't a fan of Thin Lizzy he was a real Irish Musical hero.
And dont forget Bewleys Cafe best coffee in the world.
Have a great time, i'm sure you will.

Watch they don't blow you up in some Sectarian inspired attack. Just like Scotland indeed - Ireland has more than it's fair share of bigots who want to murder innocent people in the name of the IRA or UVF.

Thanks to Mitton for the tips and everyone else for their envy. :D
I'm pretty sure that the side of my brain that is going "Fuck! I'm moving to another country!" is also envious to the side that is going "Yes! I'm moving to Ireland!"

Stormwatch: Heh, I hope you're joking, but anyway, I'd rather watch out for the traffic as it is highly more likely to die getting hit by a car than getting blown up in a terrorist attack. :p

I think it's mostly in Northern Ireland. Anyway, the threat of terrorism is way overblown these days because overblowing it suits the media and the US "War on Terror". Getting worried about terrorists is like getting worried that you poke your eye out each time you use a fork. Yeah, it might happen to you, but most likely it never will and if it does, there's nothing you can do.

It's not just terrorism. Over there, and even in Glasgow, the people are so into all the Sectarian shite you can get your throat cut for wearing the wrong football strip. I hate it.

Black Core said:
I don't think he was kidding, a lot of problems between protestants and catolics there
These days its alright I was born in London and moved when I was about 5 and got a little bit of stick but that was just from children my own age because of my background,cockney didnt used to go down well, but now Ireland especially Dublin is full of other races,polish,Finnish,Chinese,Dutch it is a multi-cultural city.

Stormwatch said:
It's not just terrorism. Over there, and even in Glasgow, the people are so into all the Sectarian shite you can get your throat cut for wearing the wrong football strip. I hate it.

But it's really not that bad. As long as you don't go round shouting your mouth off over here you're fine. Employers and shit down there don't bother asking about you're background down there because they don't want to know; there's only a few muppets who actually care about any of that shit really. It's all overblown entirely, in my opinion. I mean, it's like warning about not coming to Aberdeen because a six year old kid got hit over the head for wearing an England top by some guy. Sure, it's stupid and inspired by racism, but it's a one off kinda thing that is so much less likely to happen if you have some common sense.

Mitton said:
These days its alright I was born in London and moved when I was about 5 and got a little bit of stick but that was just from children my own age because of my background,cockney didnt used to go down well, but now Ireland especially Dublin is full of other races,polish,Finnish,Chinese,Dutch it is a multi-cultural city.
well, I only know about because of songs we discussed in school (U2 - sunday bloody sunday and The cranberries - Zombie) but I guess my teacher was exagerating then.

Black Core said:
well, I only know about because of songs we discussed in school (U2 - sunday bloody sunday and The cranberries - Zombie) but I guess my teacher was exagerating then.
Im not saying there isnt trouble in Ireland because there is,but you arn't going to get victimised because of your race, times have changed since and then, protestant and catholic disagreements dont happen like they used to.

Voice of God said:
Hi everyone. I'm moving to Ireland in August and I thought to ask any recommendations/warnings for Ireland and Dublin especially from people here (There has to be at least one irish person here) . Bands, clubs, pubs, stores, anything worth knowing.

oh, and I'm familiar with www.metaltravelguide.com , so no need linking that. :)
paddyS been loads of times it is ok better place in ireland bruv i was there a few weeks ago i went to see METALLICA THEY WERE AWESOME :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: