Iron Fire

DrkLrdViper666

Frontman/Vocalist/Singer
Apr 21, 2008
Covington, Ga.
Anybody out there (especially you clay! ;)) that could tell me what are some of the best albums to get from another awesome power metal band I'm just finding out about?!

I really like the first one "On the Edge" because it sounds like Power Metal meets Pretty Boy Floyd. How's that for a comparison? Really, I hear it having the most melody of their catalog, but I have yet to hear any of their cds that I don't enjoy on some level. Their newest one is pretty solid too!

Thunderstorm is their best ever, but listening to it recently I realize how dated it is. That type of pure Helloweenish power metal just isn't being done anymore, or at least it isn't being done with as much gusto as it was back in 1997-2000.

So if you loved metal in the late 90s, you'll love Thunderstorm over anything Iron Fire is doing today. But if you just got into power metal recently it might not be your cup of tea.

On the Edge is the second, actually. Thunderstorm was the first and it actually got them quite a bit of notoriety. On the Edge, at least when it first came out, was panned pretty widely by metal reviewers on the internet. The sophomore jink claimed another victim.

Anybody out there (especially you clay! ;)) that could tell me what are some of the best albums to get from another awesome power metal band I'm just finding out about?!
Hell yeah! Thanks for thinking of me, bro!:headbang::kickass: Get TO THE GRAVE, their latest CD first. You'll love it! BTW, IF for PPUSA XI! Hail!:headbang:

I remember back in the day when Iron Fire started out that I was reviewing their demo CD (before the "Thunderstorm" album) for Metalized Magazine (which at the time was the biggest metal zine in Scandinavia). I gave it a -10 out of 10 point score, hahaha. The demo was (and still is) so horrible that I couldn't even give it a 0 out of 10 score - I had to go for the -10 :)

With that said, the band has definitely improved over the years, from being really bad generic power metal, to a power metal goes glam band, to a power metal band that actually writes catchy songs.

And, you'll probably not find a nicer bunch of guys around either - they are really awesome guys to hang out and get wasted with. Martin (the singer) and I still laugh about that review whenever we get drunk together.

c.

I remember back in the day when Iron Fire started out that I was reviewing their demo CD (before the "Thunderstorm" album) for Metalized Magazine (which at the time was the biggest metal zine in Scandinavia). I gave it a -10 out of 10 point score, hahaha. The demo was (and still is) so horrible that I couldn't even give it a 0 out of 10 score - I had to go for the -10 :)

With that said, the band has definitely improved over the years, from being really bad generic power metal, to a power metal goes glam band, to a power metal band that actually writes catchy songs.

And, you'll probably not find a nicer bunch of guys around either - they are really awesome guys to hang out and get wasted with. Martin (the singer) and I still laugh about that review whenever we get drunk together.

c.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!:headbang::kickass: Great story there, Claus!:saint:

Another fan here. I never thought of the power metal/glam moniker before but it DEFINITELY fits on the early albums. I thought Blade of Triumph was awesome as well. Don't have the new one yet, but looking forward to it! I put them on my sponsor list every year. Maybe one year!

I'm a fan. I think they write good catchy trad/power metal. I'm glad the lineup has mostly stabilized. I know some people aren't a big fan of Martin's voice, but he definitely grew on me (and fast).

I just got into these guys a couple months ago...I think their two most recent albums, Blade Of Triumph and To The Grave, are definitely the best. Nothing mindblowing per se, just good catchy power metal.

I haven't listened to the recent one enough yet, but Revenge is my favorite so far. But that could change.

Cool! Thanks so much to all of you! Now I know what albums to get specifically!!! Btw, if any of y'all don't know (but I already know you knew clay! lol) my real name is jimi! Thanks again & Cheers & Hailz to you all! :kickass:

Cool! Thanks so much to all of you! Now I know what albums to get specifically!!! Btw, if any of y'all don't know (but I already know you knew clay! lol) my real name is jimi! Thanks again & Cheers & Hailz to you all! :kickass:
You are one of my all-time favorite concert/online friends, Jimi!:headbang::kickass::cool: Hopefully one day soon, you, me, and Heavenly Call can all watch IF play locally!:cool::headbang::kickass: Please get To The Grave first if you can, bro! You won't regret it!:kickass:

Another fan here. I never thought of the power metal/glam moniker before but it DEFINITELY fits on the early albums. I thought Blade of Triumph was awesome as well. Don't have the new one yet, but looking forward to it! I put them on my sponsor list every year. Maybe one year!
God bless you for attempting to sponsor this band on ayearly basis, my friend! Just don't forget PIET, while you're at it. PIET!:lol::saint:

You are one of my all-time favorite concert/online friends, Jimi!:headbang::kickass::cool: Hopefully one day soon, you, me, and Heavenly Call can all watch IF play locally!:cool::headbang::kickass: Please get To The Grave first if you can, bro! You won't regret it!:kickass:

Thanks clay! You Rock Bro!!! I do hope we get to see IF soon myself!!!
Thanks again my true Metal Brother from another mother! ;) :lol: :kickass: