Iron Maiden: A perspective...

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I have been an on and off Iron Maiden fan for many years now. I, like many others, have been mesmerised by Bruce's voice and the incredible melodicism that is inherent in the overall sound. So without being a full blown fan, I have always enjoyed their classics.

And tonight I have become reawakened to an outside gem.

The X-Factor.

After a couple of hops'n'sugars I decided to give it a run, and I have to say, I'm most impressed.

I've had this c.d in my collection for many years now, gathering dust, yet I think it is only now that, having brought it out onto a good stereo, I'm really enjoying it in a different light.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the controversial album?

I actually think it's better than 'Brave New World'....

Of course, I can only enjoy it for 4 or 5 tracks at a sitting.

Originally posted by At The Gates
I think it's Maidens worst album but still a "good" album.

Hey, thanks for replying!! :lol:

Yeah, I probably got a bit carried away with the album earlier, but it's one of those albums that kind of amazes me if I haven't heard it in a while....

I get that emotion with all the Iron Maiden albums
if I don't listen to them for a while and someday do it I think to myself: wow this is amazing,why haven't I heard it lately? :lol:

Hey, I've been in a Maiden mood since yesterday too. Spooky :eek:
X Factor is one of my favourites, I really like the darkness to it (it almost has a sort of doom quality to it, which is a good thing ;)). Blaze has his faults, but some of the stuff he sings is just perfect for his voice. That intro to 2am is spine tingling. And Blood on the worlds hands is great too (I prefer the live version though, it just has that extra something). And the song quality is very high, unlike, say, Virtual IX, which sucks (which, as much as people like to point the finger at Blaze, I don't think it has anything to do with him, he didn't write the songs, and they are bad songs for the most part (although, frustratingly, each song has some good qualities, they just get fucked up)).

Oh, and since 7DT brought it up, I don't get with this 'kill Janick' thing :lol: He's written some good songs, and many of the songs people have a problem with, he didn't write :lol:

Originally posted by requiem
I have been an on and off Iron Maiden fan for many years now. I, like many others, have been mesmerised by Bruce's voice and the incredible melodicism that is inherent in the overall sound. So without being a full blown fan, I have always enjoyed their classics.

And tonight I have become reawakened to an outside gem.

The X-Factor.

After a couple of hops'n'sugars I decided to give it a run, and I have to say, I'm most impressed.

I've had this c.d in my collection for many years now, gathering dust, yet I think it is only now that, having brought it out onto a good stereo, I'm really enjoying it in a different light.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the controversial album?

I actually think it's better than 'Brave New World'....

Of course, I can only enjoy it for 4 or 5 tracks at a sitting.

I felt the exact feel about that album like 3 years ago, but i couldnt take it after 3-4 listens... Its so dull and boring. There are only a few good songs on that album imo...