Iron Maiden: Final Frontier

TheRelic

Prog Nerd Extraordinaire
Oct 9, 2009
Anyone else see the press release yesterday?

Or listen to the new track?

Can't wait for this tour :headbang:

Track was underwhelming to say the least. But historically, the singles aren't indicative of the rest of the Iron Maiden albums. Brave New World was a breath of fresh air and hopefully this can at least equal that.

While not spectacular riffage or arrangement I was thinking the biggest problem is it appears Bruces voice has met its half life. Third listen did little to change its appeal to me.

Was wondering the same thing but I would say for sure the second guitar is def on single coil and Janick is last. First two parts sounds like classic Maiden improv

I dig it. Like most newer Maiden it'll take about five listens before I really, really get into it. The bridge is cool.

What's everyone's predictions on the guitar solos/players? Sounds to me like Adrian ---> Murray ---> Janick

Yep, pretty sure it's in that order too. Only Adrian's solo is decent, the last 2 are quite boring.

What's the story behind Maiden having three guitarists anyway? It doesn't seem like their sound needs it.

They need Janick to fight back against Eddy onstage and the Dave and Adrian to play... you know.... good.

Bruce is definitely the problem with the track. His performance is lackluster and he doesn't have any signature Bruce moments in the track. This may be blasphemous in this post-Dio world we live in, but I predict this album will be much like "The Devil You Know".... pretty damn good performances, good riffs (though likely very stock), and underwhelming melodies.

Yep, pretty sure it's in that order too. Only Adrian's solo is decent, the last 2 are quite boring.

They are clearly arranged in order of quality. The 2nd is alright, the 3rd is a little sloppy (which means it's gotta be Janick).

They need Janick to fight back against Eddy onstage and the Dave and Adrian to play... you know.... good.

Bruce is definitely the problem with the track. His performance is lackluster and he doesn't have any signature Bruce moments in the track. This may be blasphemous in this post-Dio world we live in, but I predict this album will be much like "The Devil You Know".... pretty damn good performances, good riffs (though likely very stock), and underwhelming melodies.

Right on about Janick. At least he's doing something with his guitar, even if it is using it as a weapon.

Agreed, I think the melody is what's keeping the song from being really good.

So, I maintain that El Dorado wasn't good. However, the album was excellent if you ask me. Could've used a little more speed in general, but otherwise I found it to be great.