Iron Maiden news! w00t!

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Iron Maiden announce new Scandanavian Tour Dates and new Studio Album

To herald the start off their 2006-7 World Tour, IRON MAIDEN announce their Scandinavian Tour dates for November. In an attempt to satisfy the insatiable demand, this will include multiple dates in Stockholm and Helsinki following the massive success of last Summer's concerts in Scandinavia where all 95,000 tickets sold out almost immediately and where they made history in Gothenburg by selling out all 55,000 tickets for Ullevi Stadium in just two and half hours! The concert was also transmitted all across Scandinavia on terrestrial television. This will be Maiden's 10th appearance at Gothenburg's Scandinavium - yet another record breaker which no other band, international or domestic, has surpassed in the venues history.

The dates are as follows -

November 2006
Thu 9 - Denmark, Aalborg Gigantium
Fri 10 - Denmark, Copenhagen Valby
Sun 12 - Finland, Tampere Icehall
Tue 14 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Wed 15 - Finland, Helsinki Hartwall arena
Fri 17 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Sat 18 - Sweden, Stockholm Globen
Mon 20 - Sweden, Gothenburg Scandinavium
Tue 21 - Norway, Oslo Valhalla
Thu 23 - Norway, Bergen Vestlandshallen

Tickets for the Oslo and Bergen shows will go sale on Saturday February 25th at 10.00am. Tickets for Sweden and Finland will go on sale for at 9.00am on Monday February 27th while the Danish dates will go on sale at 10.00am on Monday 27th February.

Go to the TOUR section of www.ironmaiden.com for ticketing links and box office phone numbers.

The Iron Maiden Fan Club have made special arrangements with EMA Telstar and their Associates to allow 120 of their fc members to gain special entry to each concert, which will allow them to get right at the front of the stage!

Due to Production considerations there will be no support act on the first two tour dates in Denmark but on all the other dates Maiden have confirmed up and coming US band TRIVIUM as their special guests.

The band are currently writing material for their new, as yet untitled fourteenth studio album which will be released later in the year prior to the tour. The live show will of course include new album material, and will be in full Maiden tradition - spectacular stage production, sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

Says Steve Harris, 'We had a fantastic time and a lot of fun last year playing songs from our early albums. However, Maiden is all about pushing ourselves creatively and keeping fresh, so we're all charged up to make a great studio album together with Kevin Shirley and take it out on the road at the end of the year."

These Scandinavian dates herald the start of Maiden's new album World Tour which will take them around parts of Europe through to Christmas - playing selected dates in other parts of the World in the new year.

:headbang:

Says Steve Harris, 'We had a fantastic time and a lot of fun last year playing songs from our early albums. However, Maiden is all about pushing ourselves creatively and keeping fresh, so we're all charged up to make a great studio album together with Kevin Shirley and take it out on the road at the end of the year."

"...and don't forget, we're going to beat that new album over your head live until it does the reverse and it makes you sick to death of it and NOT buy it! Because like Bruce says, we're not a Las Vegas act and asking us to not play 6 f%$#@*% new songs and the same beat-up songs we've been berating for 23 years is just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN."

No really, this is an exact quote.:Spin:

I think you can tell my opinion of the recent Maiden live setlists.:D

No-Mercy said:
The band are currently writing material for their new, as yet untitled fourteenth studio album which will be released later in the year prior to the tour.

Since I'm an eternal (non) optimist I hope the new album will be better than the boring and forgettable DOD, then again I doubt Maiden have fuel for it anymore :erk:

But as long as Bruce keep doing good albums with Roy Z not all is lost :D

NP: Holocaust - 'Death or Glory'

Wyvern said:
Since I'm an eternal (non) optimist I hope the new album will be better than the boring and forgettable DOD, then again I doubt Maiden have fuel for it anymore :erk:

But as long as Bruce keep doing good albums with Roy Z not all is lost :D

NP: Holocaust - 'Death or Glory'

damn man, not a fan of dance of death? i love it...are you reffering to the album or song?

No-Mercy said:
damn man, not a fan of dance of death? i love it...are you reffering to the album or song?

I admit I didn't think it was as good as Brave New World myself, though it did have some really great songs. Only that Paschendale, and the title track didn't do much for me, and they were supposed to be the centerpieces. Whereas I thought Brave New World was great from start to finish (I even consider a few songs - Thin Line Between Love And Hate, Ghost of the Navigator, etc. to be new classics).
I did like DOD though, and didn't feel it was a lack of thunder or drive that kept it being good, it just needed a couple more great songs.

ElectricWiz said:
I admit I didn't think it was as good as Brave New World myself, though it did have some really great songs. Only that Paschendale, and the title track didn't do much for me, and they were supposed to be the centerpieces. Whereas I thought Brave New World was great from start to finish (I even consider a few songs - Thin Line Between Love And Hate, Ghost of the Navigator, etc. to be new classics).
I did like DOD though, and didn't feel it was a lack of thunder or drive that kept it being good, it just needed a couple more great songs.

ah i see. strange i do think, i tend to lean towards the songs DOD and Paschendale to be some of my favorites! however, i love em all.

No-Mercy said:

Both. I am so dissapointed with the album :bah: and the opener is the worst opener in Maiden history I have that song in the :yuk: department.

Of course that my opinion and if you and many more like it good for everybody that anothe IM album fill your days. It surely doesn't fill mine. :wave:

Wyvern said:
Both. I am so dissapointed with the album :bah: and the opener is the worst opener in Maiden history I have that song in the :yuk: department.

Amen, brother Vern!
Maiden haven't been able to produce a masterpiece since '88 and probably never will, but even stellar songs are getting more and more rare, to the point that I don't like a single song off DOD... :ill: :yuk: Just plain boring and uninventive...

Wyvern said:

Of course that my opinion and if you and many more like it good for everybody that anothe IM album fill your days. It surely doesn't fill mine. :wave:

agreed about the opener.

indeed, they will fill my days quite well :D :headbang:

SickBoy said:
Amen, brother Vern!
Maiden haven't been able to produce a masterpiece since '88 and probably never will, but even stellar songs are getting more and more rare, to the point that I don't like a single song off DOD... :ill: :yuk: Just plain boring and uninventive...

I love when we are totally communicated :lol:

Yesterday I was listening to some songs of the album trying to see if I can get a hold on them...but evidently I couldn't :p

NP: Iron Maiden - 'The Ides Of March/Wrathchild'

DOD boring? Well to each their own... man, the first time I heard "Pachendale" it gave me goosebumps... and when I saw them play it live twice I was on cloud 9, the song combined with the killer theatrics was unbelivable... and then there is the title song... DOD which is also amazing...

DOD kicks ass. A couple of the songs are duds, but there are some absoultely brilliant songs on there too. Better album than BNW.

Wyvern said:

SickBoy said:
Amen, brother Vern!

Agreed with all of that!

Does anyone else think that IM just plays too much new material for the amount of time they play? If they played 3 hours, then it would be fine. But in 2 hours (and sometimes less), it seems a bit like overkill to me.

They have too many classics that never see the light of day anymore. It's not like they really need any more promotion for a new LP nowadays.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Does anyone else think that IM just plays too much new material for the amount of time they play? If they played 3 hours, then it would be fine. But in 2 hours (and sometimes less), it seems a bit like overkill to me.

I don't think they play too much new material, any band with selfrespect and confidence in their new material will support it the way Maiden do (unlike Metallica, which releases ST.Anger and then plays one or two songs live...some belief in the new stuff for you...).

But I think they (over)play always the same songs for the last freaking 20 years or so! Gimme a break boys, don't tell me you HAVE to play 2 Minutes, Run To The Hills, TNOTB, Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, Trooper, Can I Play With Madness (and numerous others) over and over and over and over and over again?! :err:
This is pure laziness IMO, they really don't make any effort, instead they just play the same 10-15 songs... Just look at the tracklists for the last god-knows-how-many live releases, they copied them for the major part.
And as for the live releases, they don't spark my interest one tiny bit, blatant cash grabbing from devoted army of fans they know they can count on.
Yeah, RIR and DOTR look stunning, sound awesome, but have no life in them, no honesty which was definitely there on LAD, Maiden England and the older concerts from Early Days. It's all there as it should be, but the spirit's lacking...
I'd like to see Maiden perform without gargantuan Eddies, gigantic lightshows and stages in a club - I think it would make them sink more into the gig, since they themselves would have to make a gig special, not the special effects not the big shiny stages... Just like in the old days.

Face it people, Maiden have lost their inner fire ages ago and it shows.

SickBoy said:
I
But I think they (over)play always the same songs for the last freaking 20 years or so! Gimme a break boys, don't tell me you HAVE to play 2 Minutes, Run To The Hills, TNOTB, Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, Wrathchild, Trooper, Can I Play With Madness (and numerous others) over and over and over and over and over again?! :err:

I feel the finger punching deep in a wound. Since I have never seen IM live I'll love to see a set composed of classic tunes (and NO GERS!) to satiate my aching hunger. But as a genuine metalhead I'll love to see new tunes kicking my ass, sadly there are few to none :erk:

Said that will I go to see IM if I have the chance? Bet your pet's soul on that :D with or without Gers, giant Eddies, pyrotechnics, spandex, leather or any assorted regalia.

SickBoy said:
I don't think they play too much new material, any band with selfrespect and confidence in their new material will support it the way Maiden do (unlike Metallica, which releases ST.Anger and then plays one or two songs live...some belief in the new stuff for you...).

This is pure laziness IMO, they really don't make any effort, instead they just play the same 10-15 songs... Just look at the tracklists for the last god-knows-how-many live releases, they copied them for the major part.
And as for the live releases, they don't spark my interest one tiny bit, blatant cash grabbing from devoted army of fans they know they can count on.
Yeah, RIR and DOTR look stunning, sound awesome, but have no life in them, no honesty which was definitely there on LAD, Maiden England and the older concerts from Early Days. It's all there as it should be, but the spirit's lacking...

Face it people, Maiden have lost their inner fire ages ago and it shows.

I completely agree with you about the same ol' on the old songs. But me being a realist then I can never see them not doing the following live...

Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
Run to the Hills

If they halved that list and threw in some obscure stuff from POM, PS, SIT, etc., then I wouldn't care about the new material.

But you know they are always going to be beating those over our heads.