Iron Maiden news! w00t!

Wyvern said:
Said that will I go to see IM if I have the chance? Bet your pet's soul on that :D with or without Gers, giant Eddies, pyrotechnics, spandex, leather or any assorted regalia.

Amen Brother Wyv, I'll be in the front seets myself.

Walter_Langkowski said:
But me being a realist then I can never see them not doing the following live...

Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
Run to the Hills

If they halved that list and threw in some obscure stuff from POM, PS, SIT, etc., then I wouldn't care about the new material.

But you know they are always going to be beating those over our heads.

Look, from the info I've got Metallica makes so diverse playlists you never know what to expect from them live and they can easily pull off the oldest song if they feel like it. THAT is the point I was trying to make!
I think any genuine Maiden fan wouldn't be disappointed one tiny bit for not hearing HBTN or TNOTB live, I myself was sick of these live even before I got to see IM for the first time. Not to say that they're bad songs, just got tired of 'em...

I feel that their ever-the-same setlists mostly aim the average music consumers that buy best-of packages and less the real fans...
I suppose any decent IM fan wouldn't fail to sing/bang along let's say Another Life, Flash Of The Blade, Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, Moonchild, Only The Good Die Young, No Prayer For The Dying, Public Enema Number One, .... (you name it).
If I was given one week of power in that band, I'd kick their asses and make them re-learn Flash Of The Blade and Duellists for starters. :tickled:

DISCLAIMER:
although it may seem to someone I hate Maiden after all this ranting of mine, it's just that I'm a longtime diehard fan who can't accept the band's decline and lack of fire lately. These are just some things I had to get off my chest. Thank you! :)