iron maiden vs judas priest

I can't really listen to any of that eighties stuff anymore... but if I had to lean one way I guess I'd say Preist. I find them a little less dated.

Priest, if you remove the Turbo and Ram It Down albums.

Listen to early Maiden and you'll hear the Priest influence all over the place.

pretty senseless discussion that has been going on for years, I definately prefer Priest since I HATE pussy Dickinson. I dunno Maiden always was faaaar too smooth for me.

slowdeath said:
Maiden probably, but from 90-98 they put out some weak music. There was a gem here and there, like Tailgunner, Be quick, Afraid, Fear, Clansman, and Futureal.

Yeah the Clansman and Futureal are the only listenable songs on Virtual XII. I will go with Maiden. They have been in my top five for a long time.

slowdeath said:
I'll admit Bruce sometimes seems to strain in the upper register these days but come on, He's 48 in August. I love his voice.
To tell you the truth I prefer the tone in his voice now days, I'm not to fussed with him straining and stuff but I think his voice has more of a pleasant sound. In the old albums I disliked it very much, except maybe Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son but thats just a masterpiece.

cro4eva said:
To tell you the truth I prefer the tone in his voice now days, I'm not to fussed with him straining and stuff but I think his voice has more of a pleasant sound. In the old albums I disliked it very much, except maybe Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son but thats just a masterpiece.
Yeah, He learned to sing while He was away. He admitted as such.