IRON SAVIOR

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
If you could pick IS's PPUSA IX setlist, what would it be? They're playing a one-hour set, so limit your setlists to 11-12 tracks, please. Your lists may be formatted in order or at random. Enjoy!

None of my picks are listed in any kind of order. In fact, I'd let the band choose the order at their own discretion.

I'm currently listening to DARK ASSAULT, so here's 1 song from it for the setlist:

Never Say Die

I'm now listening to CONDITION RED. Here's what I'd pick from this disc:
Titans Of Our Time
Warrior
Tales Of The Bold

I won't choose any tracks from Battering Ram for this shortened set. No offense.

From Megatropolis:
No tracks made it due to time constraints. Sorry!

From their S/T CD:
Iron Savior
Riding On Fire
Watcher In The Sky
For The World

From MY Fave IS Album-UNIFICATION:
Deadly Sleep
Starborn
Coming Home
Mind Over Matter

This was very tough for me to limit the setlist to merely 12 songs. Let's see how y'all do!

titans of our time
condition red
thunderbird
battering ram
tyranny of steel
starchaser
running riot
omega man
cyber hero

I wonder how many tracks from Megatropolis IS will play at PPUSA IX? I hope not more than 2 new tracks due to them playing only an hour.

None of my picks are listed in any kind of order. In fact, I'd let the band choose the order at their own discretion.

I'm currently listening to DARK ASSAULT, so here's 1 song from it for the setlist:

Never Say Die

I'm now listening to CONDITION RED. Here's what I'd pick from this disc:
Titans Of Our Time
Warrior
Tales Of The Bold

I won't choose any tracks from Battering Ram for this shortened set. No offense.

From Megatropolis:
No tracks made it due to time constraints. Sorry!

From their S/T CD:
Iron Savior
Riding On Fire
Watcher In The Sky
For The World

From MY Fave IS Album-UNIFICATION:
Deadly Sleep
Starborn
Coming Home
Mind Over Matter

This was very tough for me to limit the setlist to merely 12 songs. Let's see how y'all do!
titans of our time
condition red
thunderbird
battering ram
tyranny of steel
starchaser
running riot
omega man
cyber hero

Hehe... call me crazy, but it's tough to imagine them playing either a set that does not include any material from their 2 most recent albums, or a set with no material from their first 2 albums! :)

This is a tough thread to answer. I've been following these guys since before their first album was released in 1997, yet have never seen them live... so I think I will enjoy pretty much any set they're likely to come up with.

Also, I don't have any actual evidence to support this, but my guess is that they may be less likely to play the 3 Hansen songs in their catalog ("Watcher In The Sky", "Deadly Sleep", "Solar Wings"), since Hansen is not in the band anymore. Unless he sticks around for an extra day after the Hellish Rock show and joins them on stage, heh. I also have to guess that Sielck must consider "Iron Savior" and "Coming Home" pretty much live staples by this point, and that the title tracks from Megatropolis and Battering Ram are pretty damn likely for this show.

Hehe... call me crazy, but it's tough to imagine them playing either a set that does not include any material from their 2 most recent albums, or a set with no material from their first 2 albums! :)

This is a tough thread to answer. I've been following these guys since before their first album was released in 1997, yet have never seen them live... so I think I will enjoy pretty much any set they're likely to come up with.

Also, I don't have any actual evidence to support this, but my guess is that they may be less likely to play the 3 Hansen songs in their catalog ("Watcher In The Sky", "Deadly Sleep", "Solar Wings"), since Hansen is not in the band anymore. Unless he sticks around for an extra day after the Hellish Rock show and joins them on stage, heh. I also have to guess that Sielck must consider "Iron Savior" and "Coming Home" pretty much live staples by this point, and that the title tracks from Megatropolis and Battering Ram are pretty damn likely for this show.
I honestly hope they don't play more than a track each from Mega and BR, as I feel the newest CDs are a bit weaker than their earlier stuff. It would be cool if Kai stuck around till Friday night and played a couple of the songs he wrote with 'em!:headbang:

I honestly hope they don't play more than a track each from Mega and BR, as I feel the newest CDs are a bit weaker than their earlier stuff. It would be cool if Kai stuck around till Fiday night and played a couple of the songs he wrote with 'em!:headbang:

I think a fairly large selection of more recent stuff is likely. With a lot of European bands who have been around since the 90's, their US listenership has gone up significantly in the last few years, due to online distribution and the deterioration of the major-label, pop-radio driven music scene. As a result, more people have heard the more recent music. Even look at the relative die-hard fans who post on this board... a lot more people have heard the more recent stuff than the early stuff. I suppose it's a strategic decision... like with Symphony X's recent tour, they were well aware that it probably wasn't a good idea to play a shitload of stuff from their mid 90's releases, because a lot of the people in the audience are really only familiar with stuff like Paradise Lost or The Odyssey. Granted, ProgPower isn't like a regular tour stop, and a band can safely delve into more obscure material without losing the crowd, but it's likely that they're still going to want to play a fair amount of their latest material.

Wait a minute. Is Gamma Ray gonna be in town when Iron Savior plays? If they do happen to be around then it would make no sense NOT to do a few songs with Piet and crew. Its not like they wouldnt want to do it I think.

I think a fairly large selection of more recent stuff is likely. With a lot of European bands who have been around since the 90's, their US listenership has gone up significantly in the last few years, due to online distribution and the deterioration of the major-label, pop-radio driven music scene. As a result, more people have heard the more recent music. Even look at the relative die-hard fans who post on this board... a lot more people have heard the more recent stuff than the early stuff. I suppose it's a strategic decision... like with Symphony X's recent tour, they were well aware that it probably wasn't a good idea to play a shitload of stuff from their mid 90's releases, because a lot of the people in the audience are really only familiar with stuff like Paradise Lost or The Odyssey. Granted, ProgPower isn't like a regular tour stop, and a band can safely delve into more obscure material without losing the crowd, but it's likely that they're still going to want to play a fair amount of their latest material.
You're probably correct about this. In reality, IS will probably play 3 or 4 songs each from Mega and BR for the reasons you suggested above. Good analysis.

Wait a minute. Is Gamma Ray gonna be in town when Iron Savior plays? If they do happen to be around then it would make no sense NOT to do a few songs with Piet and crew. Its not like they wouldnt want to do it I think.
My thoughts exactly. GR plays the night before IS's set, both in ATL. I t makes me wonder......:kickass: Of course, it could be just as likely that the boys in IS could join GR for a number or 2 on Thursday night, as well.

If im not mistaken, the Gamma Ray tour is the night before Iron Savior plays

It probably depends on their travel schedule. The Hellish Rock show in Atlanta is on Thursday, Iron Savior plays on Friday, and the Hellish Rock tour will be in Mokena on Saturday. So if Helloween and Gamma Ray are using Friday as a travel day, Hansen won't be around. But if he can hang around for another night and fly to Chicago on Saturday morning, I'm sure no one would complain, heh.

It probably depends on their travel schedule. The Hellish Rock show in Atlanta is on Thursday, Iron Savior plays on Friday, and the Hellish Rock tour will be in Mokena on Saturday. So if Helloween and Gamma Ray are using Friday as a travel day, Hansen won't be around. But if he can hang around for another night and fly to Chicago on Saturday morning, I'm sure no one would complain, heh.
That would rule, plus he can afford it!:cool: