Irvine cancelled?!

eddog

New Metal Member
Dec 29, 2005
Just got email saying Friday's show with Twisted Sister is cancelled?!

Yes, unfortunately. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the "Twisted Christmas" show benefit has been cancelled. It's disappointing - their intentions were for a noble cause and we were excited about being a part of it. But we're still playing that night, so still a chance to get some Maiden in! :)

Angels Roadhouse 2
13685 John Glenn Rd.
Apple Valley, CA 92307
760-240-6923​

**Sings** 'Always look on the briiiight si-ide of life!" :danceboy: :lol:

I wonder if it was due to ticket sales. I remember checking 10 min after tix went onsale and 8th row was still available.

Due to more than just ticket sales. Not sure if I should say this but delete me if I should not be going there: it'$ a $hame what harm a greed for fund$ can create. I shall say no more.

I just now received this:

TWISTED SISTER's previously announced December 14, 2007 concert at the Bren Events Center in Irvine, California has been cancelled "due to circumstances beyond the band's control," according to a statement released by the group. Ticket holders are being asked to contact the Bren Center for information about refunds.

According to The Orange County Register, the Irvine concert was organized by a a Newport Beach, California couple who borrowed $100,000 to book TWISTED SISTER with the hopes that they would sell enough tickets to make all their money back, and then some.

Had "A Twisted Christmas…Caroling for the Corps" sold all 4,300 tickets, it would have paid off the loan the couple took out, and raised more than $100,000 for the Southern California Chapter of Operation Homefront, a national organization that helps pay the bills for the families of deployed troops and those who return home wounded.

As of last Friday (December 7), the couple still had 3,700 tickets to sell. TWISTED SISTER and two other bands, METAL SKOOL and THE IRON MAIDENS (a female tribute band to IRON MAIDEN), didn't commit until about a month ago, so the couple apparently hadn't had much time to get the word out.

I noticed that the tix were priced at $100 each (OUCH). If all 4,300 were sold, that would gross $430,000! So $100,000 of that was to repay the "loan" (interest not calculated), and $100,000.00 to the charity. That leaves a balance of $230,000, some of which would be applied to interest on the loan, venue rental, liability insurance, security, sound, lighting, etc., but I doubt those costs would be that high! And I read the bands were taking a considerable cut off their fees. If these people were planning on just breaking even and raising money for the charity they would easily be able to do that at a much lower price AND accordingly sell many more tickets! Twisted Sister is playing at HOB tonight and the admission for that show is $30. I know there is probably much more to it, but on the surface it didn't seem like it was going to work anyway. Hopefully someone with more experience and business sense will step in and try to book future show with the same lineup! =)

Well, in their defense, it was not the people putting on the show I was talking about. They were wonderful with the whole thing, and very giving and helpful people. I believe the tickets ranged from around $40 to about $100. Anyway, now I really can't say any more other than the people putting the show on were all heart and honest people. :)

Well, in their defense, it was not the people putting on the show I was talking about. They were wonderful with the whole thing, and very giving and helpful people. I believe the tickets ranged from around $40 to about $100. Anyway, now I really can't say any more other than the people putting the show on were all heart and honest people. :)

Thanks for clearing that up, Linda! See, there IS more to it! ;)

Twisted Sister is a true class act. Whoops. Excuse the typo. I mean, Twisted Sister is a true ass act.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86724

Lori Basheda of The Orange County Register reports: TWISTED SISTER is not only keeping the $25,000 deposit for a cancelled benefit concert for the troops, they are demanding more money from the Newport Beach couple that organized the fundraiser.

"The group is the injured party here," TWISTED SISTER agent Steve Green said Thursday. "They're entitled the whole $50,000."

Danny Peykoff, one half of the Newport Coast couple who organized the show, said he was "shocked, surprised and upset that a band … ya know, if this were a for-profit show I would totally understand, but this was a show for the troops. They're already out here (for a House of Blues show). The injured party here is the injured soldiers coming back from Iraq. Not the rock stars. They didn't spend a dime for this. That to me is un-American."

Peykoff and his fiancée Megan Moore borrowed $100,000 to put on the concert with the intentions of paying half that to TWISTED SISTER and $40,000 to the Bren Center at UCI. The hope was that they would sell 4,500 tickets for the show, making enough to pay back the loan and generating another $100,000 for the troops.

That's too bad about all the sad news..... I just got back from Twisted Sister's show at the House of Blues, and it sure was a great time! I hadn't known about any of this turmoil. Maybe if the Irvine show had been advertised better, ticket sales would have improved. I only found out about that show but chance. Obviously, if I had known Twisted Sister would be playing on the same bill as The Iron Maidens, I sure as heck would have gone to that show, as well.