Irvine Roll Call

I just got back from the show in Irvine. Missed the opening acts, but the long drive from Sunland/Tujunga was worth it.

Iron Maiden was in top form from beginning to end. They belted out the classics from Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, as well as the traditional favorites from Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Fear of the Dark.

The stage was a faithful recreation of the one from the World Slavery Tour with some modern twists such as additional pyrotechnics and fireworks, plus a light rigging that swayed during the middle bridge of "Rime of the Ancient Mariner."

As reported on another thread, Giant Eddie made his appearance as the band performed their signature song. Cyborg Eddie also showed up during "The Clairvoyant."

For the most part, the crowd was not as rowdy as I expected, except for the left lawn area, where they ran around a bonfire and nearly set that whole section ablaze. Fortunately, that didn't detract any of the band's performances.

If there was one thing to gripe about the show, it was the absence of "Wrathchild," "Sanctuary" and "Running Free" on the set list. On the bright side, we got to hear "Aces High," "Wasted Years," "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and "Moonchild" - songs that haven't been played in a long time.

Overall, Iron Maiden left everyone happy, including myself - as this was the first-ever I've seen of them on stage.

As for pictures, I brought out my 35mm to the show, and I'll have them developed first thing tomorrow.

Good luck to those watching the Saturday show. Up the Irons!

If there was one thing to gripe about the show, it was the absence of "Wrathchild," "Sanctuary" and "Running Free" on the set list.

I never miss the songs that Bruce wasn't originally a part of.

Anthrax has a new singer? Why?

I will be there tonight! Can't wait!

great show last night getting ready to go over to the venue for tonight, red shirt you are the man. After upgrading from Loge 7 to Pit for tonight.

05300801.jpg

05300802.jpg

05300803.jpg

05300804.jpg

05300805.jpg

05300806.jpg

05300807.jpg

Too FREAKIN' COOL!

I can barely wait ... TOMORROW NIGHT.

Oh HELL YEAH.

Ok since I was in the lawn section I didn't even know there were snakes coming out of Eddie's mouth.. Thanks for sharing them pictures :)

did you guys see Bruce drive out on a red Mini Cooper? It was pretty cool. My friend and I are walking out with the rest of the punters and this police car is coming down the walkway... behind is a red Mini Cooper, with Bruno...