Is Anders Frieden Transforming Into Jonathan Davis?

Blackwinged said:
Why is it that as bands gain popularity their musical skills get worse? So many bands have fallen victim to this and In Flames is just another one of them that will soon be lumped together will all the nu metal and other trend bands. I recently heard a few songs from the new album, and all I can say is that its absolutely horrible. But if you like nu metal and boring music you might like it.
Simple music is the only thing that sells, it seems. Ninety percent of the population truly think music on the radio is the only music out there, and of course you can't reach out to those people unless bands start conforming and mimicking each other. Apparently, creativity is a bad thing in the world of mainstream music.

^^^^^You said it.

In all honesty, InFlames last two efforts have made my stomach turn. Not my cup of battery acid at all. I'm glad they're "exploring"(cashing in) with their music because I've got their older works to comfort me if I ever miss that. That and a slew of gothenburg bands.

p.s. Whoracle was a great album.

bands change...
even katatonia changed.
the old fands no longer care for the new katatonia.
and katatonia got new fans with the new sound.

it's the same with amorphis...paradise lost...and much more bands around...

speaking of in flames, the music is obviously much more simple than previous albums.
but still, it's got the feeling.

anyways, it's a change.

give it a try. the album is sticky and melodic. not bad at all.
take it as a whole NEW band. and forget about "whoracle", "lunar", "subterranean"...when you're listening to "soundtrack..."

:headbang:

...still...
...the fact that some songs are similar to linkin park...
heheh that really annoys!!!!! :D
CRAAAAWLIN INNNN MY SKIIIIN!!! (sing it with fridens harsh voice)
hahahahaha

And on the rare occasion, there are fans that admire both old and new styles of bands. Me, I love both old and new Katatonia and Amorphis; others don't.

But if you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. That's just the way it is.

:)

I admire very many the Amorphis, they I have grown a lot, without to change the loto drastically sound. 'Far From The Sun' it's the demostration!