Is anybody here familiar with Gretchen Wilson?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
She's a country singer, and I've never heard any of her music. Last night, she performed with Alice in Chains at the VH-1 Rock Awards to honor HEART.

They played "Barracuda" and she was incredible. Seriously, she did Ann Wilson proud. It's a tough song to sing too.

Anyway, it's always interesting to see someone from the contemporary "pop" world demonstrate some real talent. I guess it's not always manufactured trash.

gw_12.jpg

Well, I ain't never been the Barbie doll type
No, I can't swig that sweet Champagne, I'd rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk or on a four-wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynyrd, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
'Cause I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raising
I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'
And I keep my Christmas lights on
On my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me, hell yeah
Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
No, I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me
Well, you might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore
But in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door
I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'
And I know all the words to every Tanya Tucker song
Hey, I'm a redneck woman
And I ain't no high class broad
And I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'
And I know all the words to every ol' Bocephus song
Hell yeah, hell yeah
Hell yeah
I said hell yeah!

Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV

Well, that's debatable. Good voice, but a total butta-face. :zombie:

I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'

Should have been clubbed at birth. :ill:

But look, her credentials aside, the bint can sing! She wasn't lip synching either!

Ali, you deleted my insolent negars thread when I was about to post an update!!!

So I'll just use this thread to push my agenda of apartheid.

I made a trek to the video store today in search of Rescue Me Season 2. To my chagrin they were all out at the first rental locale, so I moseyed on over to the next closest Blockbuster videotorium. Upon my arrival, I noticed a musky scent of Mogadishun blended baboon deodorizer that would make Rachel Specter of RGX body spray fame, grimace like Profanity at a vegan bistro. Well all was still well at the moment, as I proceeded to the aisle marked "Television". Hazaar I'm in luck! I pick up Season 2 disc 1 of both Rescue Me and The Shield. The latter of which would have been an appropriate weapon to thwart off the insolent disposition of the dung hurling herald of Hippotania who attended me. I as pleasant as the most civil of aristocrats, hand over my blockbuster card and await for the transaction to swiftly conclude. Low and behold this Bonobo bobo has the audacity to serve me in the most indifferent manner a man ape could muster. I bid the mongrel adieu and venture off in to the sunset with my discs of entertainment in hand. But mind you, not with the same child like innocence in which I had entered 4 minutes prior!!! Good God! This free black acted as if I had delivered the message on a white pony that King Kong is make believe.

Negar negar negar, who demands reparations for the pain and suffering of ancestral simians who felt the crack of Uncle Otis' whip. Are your claims not of the same valuation as mine? I, whose Great Great Grandfather served in the union forces to liberate you from the shackles of shame?!?! I myself, demand reparations of everlasting gratitude for my Great Grandfather Sir Reginald emancipating you with his musket of machismo, as your forefathers sat on a hill side picking gnats out of their gums. I demand reparational respect paid in full via colgate smiles showered upon me, illuminated in contrast to the blackened backdrop that canvases your bones.

Negar negar negar, pick gnats no more, you're free!!! Knock that chip off your shoulder and join me! For you are man! For you are my brother! United as one, we will build upon this charred earth a new beginning of solidarity through new found servitude. Forevermore!

:kickass:

Ali, you deleted my insolent negars thread when I was about to post an update!!!

'twas not me mon amis!

(but to be fair, Deron did PM me before deleting it. UM rules are his rules, and the subject title offends those using the search function. Or something like that).

Negar negar negar, pick gnats no more, you're free!!! Knock that chip off your shoulder and join me! For you are man! For you are my brother! United as one, we will build upon this charred earth a new beginning of solidarity through new found servitude. Forevermore!

You should consider sigging this. :loco:

Gretchen Wilson is FUCKING TERRIBLE
and she played with AiC? I'm never listening to them again

Gretchen Wilson is FUCKING TERRIBLE
and she played with AiC? I'm never listening to them again

Yeah, well, see exhibit A on YOUTUBE

I mean, it's a great song by a phenomenal band....you'd expect the vocals to be massively inferior to Ann Wilson (who is possibly the greatest female vocalist on earth).....but damn, she does a great job.

It's hard not to be impressed!

It's an exceptionally done cover. How idiotic do the people below the video that call her a shit singer look? You'de have to be deaf not to recognize that she has talent, morons.

So I'll just use this thread to push my agenda of apartheid.

I made a trek to the video store today in search of Rescue Me Season 2. To my chagrin they were all out at the first rental locale, so I moseyed on over to the next closest Blockbuster videotorium. Upon my arrival, I noticed a musky scent of Mogadishun blended baboon deodorizer that would make Rachel Specter of RGX body spray fame, grimace like Profanity at a vegan bistro. Well all was still well at the moment, as I proceeded to the aisle marked "Television". Hazaar I'm in luck! I pick up Season 2 disc 1 of both Rescue Me and The Shield. The latter of which would have been an appropriate weapon to thwart off the insolent disposition of the dung hurling herald of Hippotania who attended me. I as pleasant as the most civil of aristocrats, hand over my blockbuster card and await for the transaction to swiftly conclude. Low and behold this Bonobo bobo has the audacity to serve me in the most indifferent manner a man ape could muster. I bid the mongrel adieu and venture off in to the sunset with my discs of entertainment in hand. But mind you, not with the same child like innocence in which I had entered 4 minutes prior!!! Good God! This free black acted as if I had delivered the message on a white pony that King Kong is make believe.

Negar negar negar, who demands reparations for the pain and suffering of ancestral simians who felt the crack of Uncle Otis' whip. Are your claims not of the same valuation as mine? I, whose Great Great Grandfather served in the union forces to liberate you from the shackles of shame?!?! I myself, demand reparations of everlasting gratitude for my Great Grandfather Sir Reginald emancipating you with his musket of machismo, as your forefathers sat on a hill side picking gnats out of their gums. I demand reparational respect paid in full via colgate smiles showered upon me, illuminated in contrast to the blackened backdrop that canvases your bones.

:kickass:

Maybe he was West Indian.