is anyone disappointed with the extras on the new album?

quicksand

New Metal Member
Mar 29, 2003
let me start off by saying i love the new album. i have to say that it ranks right up there with among the living, sound of white noise and volume 8 for me. but i am very disappointed with the so called extras on the album. i was at the rockstock show as i live just outside of chicago. so when i heard the extras were from this show i was excited. but after seeing this stuff i wasnt impressed. i have seen way better bootlegs than this. they could have used footage from another show where they had a pro shot. i know they tape quite a few of there shows as i have seen part of one they taped on their bus for the state of euphoria tour. im sure they have a bunch taped from the john bush era so why didnt they use something of better quality. i am not a big metallica fan except of their first three albums but they seem to know what they are doing. they are including a live dvd recording of all of their new songs from the st anger album. why couldnt anthrax do something like this? from what i heard it will not cost the fans anything extra either. i know its pretty cheap manufacturing wise to include a dvd extra so why didnt anthrax choose to do something like this. in america we waited so long for the album and i really thought we were going to get treated tp some special extras. we didnt even get the ramones cover on the american release. that doesnt seem fair for as long as we waited. does anyone else agree with me?

quicksand said:
i am not a big metallica fan except of their first three albums but they seem to know what they are doing. they are including a live dvd recording of all of their new songs from the st anger album. why couldnt anthrax do something like this? from what i heard it will not cost the fans anything extra either. i know its pretty cheap manufacturing wise to include a dvd extra so why didnt anthrax choose to do something like this.

Metallica's CD is going to sell millions of copies, Anthrax's is going to sell thousands of copies. DVD's may be cheap to produce, but they aren't free. Neither is hiring a video crew to film a concert. I was surprised, and pleased, to see any enhanced CD stuff.