is anyone else dreading summer?

Do you hate summer?

• Total voters
While your arguement works, I'd argue that the first one is the only one that is implementable and accurate because the rotation of the earth is slowing down ever so gradually, making it a pretty shabby thing to base time off of, rather than the current cesium clock which equates the natural frequency produced by cesium-133 when exposed to microwaves and forced to resonate and the time of its cycles used for measured time. This system is off by 2 billionths of a second every day, or by a whole second every 1,400,000 years. If you based it on the rotation of the earth, one could argue time is moving slower toward the poles of the earth than at the equator (it is actually, Einstein, theory of relativity and angular velocity, calculations are pretty simple), though this would merely exacerbate the issue.

Quick Sidenote: If you implemented the second plan, you would need to include a qualifier about which year it was in a cycle of 4 because otherwise your time would be off by 25 day units off the relative rotation of the earth meaning that the second year you implemented the time system, 12:00am January 2nd Year 0 would really be equivalent to 6:00pm because you are going to be one fourth of a day relative to the rotation of the earth, unless you want to compile continously in which case things get hectic down the line when you are at anywhere above day unit 1,000,000. Either way in the metric or standard system we have, you have to make a idiosyncratic exceptions which are the bane of the metric system. Might as well stick with a standardized system that is somewhat intuitive.

bobdougm.jpg

a metric 6-pack would be.. double it and add 30, so 6 and 6 is twelve plus 30 is 42 metric beers.

Also just thought of this. For my second theory really screws with alarm clocks. You'd have to reset it every night.

And when I get home tonite I'm going to have a couple centibeers while I grill some chicken.