Is anyone here going to Ragnarok Festival in Germany?

We'll probably take the train in, and arrive early on the 28th, and then we will leave on the 30th. I have already booked my ticket for living in the place through Ragnoroek. It's only 10 euros, and I'm sure everyone will congregate outside drinking.

This is my plan:
1. 26 March fly to Krakow to drink beer with TGD
2. 27 March travel to Litchfields (whatever) from Krakow
3. Drink loads of beer and headbang for 2 days
4. Take a train back to Krakow, and then explore the city

Im trying to think what I'm gonna do. I dont think I want to make an overseas flight on the day of the festival, so ill go with my original plan of getting into frankfurt on the 27th. I'd just get a hotel for that night then do the sleeping hall for the other two nights, but I dont particularly want to lug a sleeping bag and other shit to Germany. But I feel like getting a hotel all by me onesy would make me potentially miss out on drunken overseas fun, and increase the chances of me getting lost somewhere at somepoint. What a dilemma hmmm...

Ill figure it out, I must go to this festival, or I will hate myself for ever.

I would suggest getting there a day before the festival. If you arrive the day of the festival, there are too many things that could go wrong....flights delays,ect.

I will be flying into Frankfurt the day before the festival then taking a train to Nurnberg to meet with some friends.:kickass::loco:

I am reasonably certain that I will be going :)

I could really use some advice, though - this'll be my first trip to Europe, and my first European metal fest! Are there any tips or tricks you can offer, and anything in particular that a small blonde girl traveling solo should watch out for at the fest?

Kim?? You're heading over for this fest too? (This is Bill, James's friend btw)

Hey Bill! Small world :)

Yeah, I'm trying to get over there, but have a couple pretty big roadblocks in my way - I still need to get my passport, and my family (who'd be funding the trip) are not down with the idea of me traveling to Europe all by myself (I guess they forget that I'm, like...grown up, haha). If I miss the fest, I'll be absolutely heartbroken...and make you bring me back tons of shirts :lol:

Nearly unbelieveable for a person like me that so many come over to germany for just one gig! :) brilliant !!
I can remember that I met a handfull of american people last year at the Trollzorn stand. hope to meet again some of you !

Yeah, I'm trying to get over there, but have a couple pretty big roadblocks in my way - I still need to get my passport, and my family (who'd be funding the trip) are not down with the idea of me traveling to Europe all by myself (I guess they forget that I'm, like...grown up, haha). If I miss the fest, I'll be absolutely heartbroken...and make you bring me back tons of shirts :lol:

Yeah, the passport thing is a pain in the ass, but you can still get one. You just have to do it the hard way. I got mine at this time last year to go to Ragnarök too. There's about a 99% chance that you won't get it in time if you apply for it normally or expedite it. The passport offices have a deal where if you can prove your itinerary(ie you've already bought your ticket and can prove it) and are within 10 days of your flight, you can schedule an appointment to go into one of the US passport offices to fill out your forms and you can come back in about 2 days to pick it up. That's what I did last year. I went in on a Monday and had the thing on Wednesday. The only chancey thing is buying your plane ticket before you apply for your passport, but that's the only way they'll let you do the super expedited thing.

And about the being alone in Europe thing...I've been to Germany twice. Partially with friends and partially trekking it on my own. I have to say it was one of the safest places I've been to. I never felt unsafe at any time over there. Even in a bigger city like Munich. It's like night and day compared to US cities.

Or if you want someone to travel with, I'm flying from Newark to Munich on 3/26. There may be some seats left on the plane. I don't mean to sound like some creepy dude or anything. Just trying to be helpful. I could get you at least as far as Lichtenfels for the show.

Nearly unbelieveable for a person like me that so many come over to germany for just one gig! :) brilliant !!
I can remember that I met a handfull of american people last year at the Trollzorn stand. hope to meet again some of you !

Servus
Ja, Deutschland(besonders Oberfranken) ist ein sehr gute Land. Ragnarök 5 wird meine dritte Zeit in Deutschland seit Ragnarök 4 sein. Gute Musik, Historie und Bier.

Ich hoffe, dass du mein schlechtes Deutsch verstehen kannst. Ich versuche Deutsch lernen. Aber in Amerika, nütze ich mein Deutsch nicht so viel.

If the fest is in March like the LastFM says, doesn't it take like 6 months to get a passport? =/

Hi Immortal Rites!
YES, your german is good !!! Realy !! :kickass:
And again you are right: I love our beer! :loco:
Say "Hello" to us at our Trollzorn stand! You will see us there, believe me!

Took me like a month to get my passport, and that was the regular service, not expedited. I'm sure if you went to the passport agency they can expedite it greatly, but the newer passports take some time to put together and they have to put those electronic chips in them.

You also have to take into account what time of year it is. This is spring break time for most people, so the passport agencies are inundated with requests for passports. Last year they told me normal applications can take 9-10 weeks and expedited can take 4-5+ at this time of year.

Goddamn, I wish I could go to Ragnarok. In fact, I'd kill people to go there. Hmmm...

I should have coughed up the plane ticket money and stayed in the hall. The whole excursion could have been affordable if I had taken a frugal mindset.

derrr.