Is Bush really serious?!

markgugs said:
Bullshit, Mr. liberal. Tell me how.

For the record, I don't associate myself with either party faction, as I take what I like from both and shit on that which I detest.

This "war" has a lot to do with oil. Oil is big business, politics and big business go hand in hand. Bush is a failed oilman, he can't get his own country to allow him to drill up north (thank god), etc. etc.

This guy equates freedom with American government. If you're not American, you must not be free. Or at least that's what he'd have you believe. Mix that in with his religious slant as of late, and you've got the beginnings of an "oppressive regime."

Bottom line, Saddam was nothing but unfinished business. Cheney couldn't get it done with Daddy, so he called the shots in Son's administration, mislead the public into believing there was a need for preeminence, and bam, we've got ourselves a war!

It ain't about freedom. Let's not forget, WE put both Saddam and Osama where they were. If the Iraqis really felt they were being repressed over all of these years, I don't think we'd see the level of insurgence that we've seen as of late. We weren't asked to come drop bombs on their land, we weren't invited to come change their government for them. Why didn't they have a fucking civil war, like we did when we weren't happy with Britain?

Bush wants another Israel, an Americanized middle eastern culture that he feels isn't "savage, ruthless, fundamentalist" take your pick of adjective. Problem is, everyone hates Israel. But yet Bush continues his mission of imperialism.

Oceans may not protect us, but they can separate cultures from clashing. Our culture is not theirs and vice versa. Get the fuck out of the Middle East.