Is CRIMSON the best death metal album ever?

Is it?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
absolutely not

it's a decent 20 minute song with some good riffs and some completely bullshit lyrics, but there is no good reason for it to be 40 minutes long. the latter half is pretty shit.

the best death metal album ever is "the red in the sky is ours"

LOL @ lyrics.

The second half is awesome because it just replays all the best parts from the first half. And it has that shitty a-capella part that rules.

Need to revisit Spectral Sorrows some day. I own Purgatory Aftershave and Crimson and give them one spin every two years at most. They remind me that Swanö was my first serious station on the way to metal and that's that.

The best death metal album is Soulside Journey

Death are ok, I suppose.

You know, I don't see much love for 'Symbolic'. Not really much of a 'Death Metal' album, but it needs more attention than I remember it ever getting. It always stood out to me. Still very thrashy, but so much personality.

Altars of Madness is the correct answer.

My go-to usually.

I'd say one of my favorite death metal albums would have to be 'Indecent & Obscene'. Love that early era mix of thrash, before it all just became blast beats. I feel it kind of got lost in the 'Ever Flowing' hype.

I'd say one of my favorite death metal albums would have to be 'Indecent & Obscene'. Love that early era mix of thrash, before it all just became blast beats. I feel it kind of got lost in the 'Ever Flowing' hype.
indecent and obscene suffers from probably the weakest mix 'n' master in their catalogue. it's really flat and lifeless.

also from really subpar songs (except "dreaming in red" and "reborn in blasphemy")

Yeah, dorian could really benefit from some auditing. We know who you banged! Grab them cans and confess!